Default Transferring a House to a Living Trust

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: South Carolina

I intend to transfer title to my house to a living trust, i.e., to "My name as trustee of ..." I'm using downloaded forms. My intention is to fill them out as completely as I can before asking an attorney to review them.

The TITLE TO REAL ESTATE given to me when I purchased my house is accompanied by an AFFIDAVIT FOR TAXABLE OR EXEMPT TRANSFERS, which states, on line 8:

As required by Code Section 12-24-70, I state that I am a responsible person who was connected with the transaction as: ___Settlement Agent________

The AFFIDAVIT is then signed by “Responsible Person Connected with the Transaction,” in this case, an employee of the law firm handling the closing.

In completing a new AFFIDAVIT in the process of affecting the title transfer, I assume I am the “Responsible Person.” Do I then sign the document as “Settlement Agent,” simply as “Principal,” or something else? Is this something that requires an agent other than myself?

Default Re: Transferring a House to a Living Trust

This is a question that your attorney can advise you on.

EDIT: For reference - here is your original thread ( https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=246987 ) - this question could (and probably should) have been posted there so that we would have all relevant background info.

1. Sponsored Links