Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Signed the Contract. Now the Company is Ignoring Me

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    I'm sorry to put this bluntly, but it might be time to take the hint...
    Agree.

"Delay is the deadliest form of denial." (C. Northcote Parkinson)

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    I'm sorry to put this bluntly, but it might be time to take the hint...
    I got the hint a few months ago. I was just hoping someone else had been in a similar situation and had a suggestion on what to do about the contract the company has left hanging out there, which includes restrictions on working for their clients directly and an auto-renewal provision. I want a clean break with this company, which they didn't provide themselves after deciding to drop me. It was a cowardly move on their part, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. In my previous career I worked corporate jobs. This sort of behavior was more or less standard procedure. I worked for one agency that didn't tell me they'd terminated my contract early. I found out when I arrived at a client's site and they told me.

[QUOTE=kefooian;1150819]I got the hint a few months ago. I was just hoping someone else had been in a similar situation and had a suggestion on what to do about the contract the company has left hanging out there, which includes restrictions on working for their clients directly and an auto-renewal provision.

If it was me, I'd be inclined to call the company and say (politely) (a voicemail message is fine) something along the lines of "So I note that you aren't giving me any work, nor have you put me on your official list of teachers. Does this mean the contract I signed is null and void, and that I can go ahead and work for your clients directly?" and see what they say.

They'll never admit I can work for their clients directly since that would entail them losing those clients. I am tempted to tell them that I consider the contract to be nullified based on their actions (or lack thereof) and see if they even respond.

Quote Quoting kefooian
    View Post
    They'll never admit I can work for their clients directly since that would entail them losing those clients. I am tempted to tell them that I consider the contract to be nullified based on their actions (or lack thereof) and see if they even respond.
    I was thinking that saying you can now work for their clients directly might set their heads on fire and cause them to respond to you, maybe even to give you work.

Quote Quoting eerelations
    View Post
    I was thinking that saying you can now work for their clients directly might set their heads on fire and cause them to respond to you, maybe even to give you work.
    Perhaps. It's worth a try.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2