Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Any Way to Find Out if I Am Paying Fair Market Value for a Property

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Sure you will. And likely not disprove a single thing I've said.
    I still haven't left yet but can say that even half-truths are indeed truths. Just not whole truths.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I still haven't left yet but can say that even half-truths are indeed truths. Just not whole truths.
    Sure. But what else are you going to point out? If you are going to point out reasons why one might not want to rely on a buyers agent, there is plenty to discuss there. However, I wasn't attempting to do a comprehensive discussion of buyer agents. I simply addressed the point that since their compensation comes out of the commission the seller's agent would otherwise get that bringing in a buyer's agent does not increase what the buyer is going to pay for the house. What is the "half truth" in that?

View Post
    Sure. But what else are you going to point out? If you are going to point out reasons why one might not want to rely on a buyers agent, there is plenty to discuss there. However, I wasn't attempting to do a comprehensive discussion of buyer agents. I simply addressed the point that since their compensation comes out of the commission the seller's agent would otherwise get that bringing in a buyer's agent does not increase what the buyer is going to pay for the house. What is the "half truth" in that?
    I could point out your half-truths, but why bother. The low hanging fruit thing has gotten old.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I could point out your half-truths, but why bother. The low hanging fruit thing has gotten old.
    Well, you were all ready to do that before your bike ride. I think that on the ride you perhaps realized you really didn't have any half truths to point out. Nothing wrong with that. A good walk or bike ride can do wonders to clear and focus the mind. If that's what happened, I'd have respected you simply saying that. But now coming back with a comment about "low hanging fruit thing has gotten old" strikes me as a bit...odd.

View Post
    Well, you were all ready to do that before your bike ride. I think that on the ride you perhaps realized you really didn't have any half truths to point out. Nothing wrong with that. A good walk or bike ride can do wonders to clear and focus the mind. If that's what happened, I'd have respected you simply saying that. But now coming back with a comment about "low hanging fruit thing has gotten old" strikes me as a bit...odd.
    The only thing you'd respect is if I said "you win, I'm wrong." You haven't respected me for anything I've said or learned in my life outside of hanging a door or building a cabinet. But, when I furnished you with my surgeons name so you could verify who he is, then you said he was basically incapable of making an accurate critique of lawyers and their sewer (courtroom), that was the pivotal point for me. That surgeon has verifiably dwarfed you in success in his field with at least ten employees and nurses, credentials galore, a packed waiting room, his own physical therapy practice and you don't even have as much as a website. Yet you have the audacity to imply that man cannot fairly judge what is happening in front of him. THAT is when you lost all credibility with me. Not when you edited the escrow process. Secondly, because you start every post with a put down like I do not understand something or I did not paraphrase you correctly.

You can do that knee-jerk discrediting to someone in a courtroom, it works great there. Frankly, one can say anything to a lawyer like "Mother Theresa was a beautiful person" or " I love my mother" and a good lawyer could make you look like a fool for saying it, all in an effort to practice their lawyering skills...like what I see you doing here. IOW, this is either a big game to you or you are not as smart as you want to appear.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    The only thing you'd respect is if I said "you win, I'm wrong." You haven't respected me for anything I've said or learned in my life outside of hanging a door or building a cabinet. But, when I furnished you with my surgeons name so you could verify who he is, then you said he was basically incapable of making an accurate critique of lawyers and their sewer (courtroom), that was the pivotal point for me. That surgeon has verifiably dwarfed you in success in his field with at least ten employees and nurses, credentials galore, a packed waiting room, his own physical therapy practice and you don't even have as much as a website. Yet you have the audacity to imply that man cannot fairly judge what is happening in front of him. THAT is when you lost all credibility with me. Not when you edited the escrow process. Secondly, because you start every post with a put down like I do not understand something or I did not paraphrase you correctly.

You can do that knee-jerk discrediting to someone in a courtroom, it works great there. Frankly, one can say anything to a lawyer like "Mother Theresa was a beautiful person" or " I love my mother" and a good lawyer could make you look like a fool for saying it, all in an effort to practice their lawyering skills...like what I see you doing here. IOW, this is either a big game to you or you are not as smart as you want to appear.
    Don't kid yourself, no one respects you.

Interesting that you want TM to verify you by contacting a third party who is successful in a completely unrelated field.

TM has never stated anything about his professional life other than the fat that he's an attorney.

You are completely unwilling to accept that you may be incorrect even with faced with evidence.

You add nothing to the conversation regarding the OP. Your whole purpose is to try to throw shade on the other members. Unsucessfully, I might add.

TM doesn't start every post with a put down, you must be confusing his posts with your own.

Again, to reiterate, no one respects you. Read the above.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    Don't kid yourself, no one respects you.

Interesting that you want TM to verify you by contacting a third party who is successful in a completely unrelated field.

TM has never stated anything about his professional life other than the fat that he's an attorney.

You are completely unwilling to accept that you may be incorrect even with faced with evidence.

You add nothing to the conversation regarding the OP. Your whole purpose is to try to throw shade on the other members. Unsucessfully, I might add.

TM doesn't start every post with a put down, you must be confusing his posts with your own.

Again, to reiterate, no one respects you. Read the above.
    I may be wrong but I'd say that you are also in a "completely unrelated field," yet you spend a lot time offering your opinion on legal matters. Actually, about 90% of posters here are not lawyers yet they still offer their legal opinions. But you would see no contradiction in that, huh?

That surgeon is at the top of his class in CA and has been an expert witness likely hundreds of times. Yet his opinion of our legal system is insignificant? Really? Dance on!

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    The only thing you'd respect is if I said "you win, I'm wrong." You haven't respected me for anything I've said or learned in my life outside of hanging a door or building a cabinet.
    I respect you for more than that. Indeed, I treat you with respect on these boards, more than you show to me. Yes, I challenge the statements you make that I believe are incorrect, but I try to keep my points to the topic at hand and don't resort to the insults of you and your profession of the sort you routinely use against me here, including the kind of insult you included in your last post.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    But, when I furnished you with my surgeons name so you could verify who he is, then you said he was basically incapable of making an accurate critique of lawyers and their sewer (courtroom), that was the pivotal point for me. That surgeon has verifiably dwarfed you in success in his field with at least ten employees and nurses, credentials galore, a packed waiting room, his own physical therapy practice and you don't even have as much as a website. Yet you have the audacity to imply that man cannot fairly judge what is happening in front of him. THAT is when you lost all credibility with me.
    Really? I lose credibility for that? Harold, your argument on this comes down to this: this doctor is a fantastic surgeon, tops in his field and thus that makes him an expert in law, litigation and the judicial system too. Do you not see how illogical that is? Just because he's an expert surgeon (and I've already told you I accept that he his) does not make him in an expert in law or anything else outside of medicine. You set up doctors on such a high pedestal it seems you think them to be Gods who are masters of everything. But they are not that. They are experts at medicine. Their medical degree and experience/expertise in medicine only make them experts in medicine. So don't give me a doctor's stellar medical resume and then expect me to take him as an expert in law. That's illogical. You want to set him up as a legal expert then give me his LEGAL qualifications, not his MEDICAL background.

Furthermore, I recognize that anyone, lawyer or not, may have a valid criticism of the legal system. But just saying, as the doctor did, that the legal system is screwed up doesn't mean much to me because it does not tell me WHY he thinks it is screwed up. What I told you was that I wasn't simply going to accept his opinion on that without knowing why he thinks it's screwed up. And BTW I'd say the same thing even if the the comment was was said by a top lawyer. Some general conclusion that the system is screwed up doesn't mean much without hearing the reasons why. Don't you think the reasons why he has that opinion matters? Or are doctors such Gods to you that you'll accept anything a top doctor says about any subject without question?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    You pull out these lawyer put downs to attack me when you can't win your points on logic and facts. I get it. You hate lawyers and don't like me because I'm part of that hated group. But that doesn't help you succeed in your challenges to my points on this forum. You want to show the doctor was right in his criticism of the legal system than tell me why he thought the legal system is screwed up. I might agree with him. But I'm not going to agree just because he's a fantastic surgeon. Being a fantastic surgeon is a wonderful thing, but doesn't tell me that he knows what the hell he's talking about when it comes to the legal system. You're not going to make that problem go away with some lawyer put downs.

Taxing, your patience with Lil' Hal is amazing. Every time you post a reply to his nonsense I think of the the biblical passage about casting pearls before swine. And Lil' Hal is pig-headed and swine-like as they come.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3