Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Family Settlement Agreement Sample Form to Settle an Estate in Pa

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Pennsylvania.

I've done all the tasks for settling my dads estate except the family settlement agreement and distributing the assets. I would like to see a sample family settlement agreement form.
    Unfortunately this appears to be a closely guarded secret document.

Default Re: Family Settlement Agreement Sample Form to Settle an Estate in Pa

Ummm...congrats?

Not sure what the point of your post is.

Quote Quoting Decades
    View Post
    My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Pennsylvania.

I've done all the tasks for settling my dads estate except the family settlement agreement and distributing the assets. I would like to see a sample family settlement agreement form.
    Unfortunately this appears to be a closely guarded secret document.
    Doesn't seem to be anything like that in the PA probate forms:

http://www.pacourts.us/forms/for-the...ns-court-forms

Did you find some rule somewhere that says it's necessary or do you just want something like a receipt for your own purposes?

If the latter, just make one up with the court and case information at the top of the page, settlement information in the center, signature at the bottom.

Why the spam? Your link does NOT link to the file. It links to a file that then requires you to click on another link that then takes you to ANOTHER link...I stopped there.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post

Did you find some rule somewhere that says it's necessary or do you just want something like a receipt for your own purposes?

If the latter, just make one up with the court and case information at the top of the page, settlement information in the center, signature at the bottom.
    Before distribution of the estate to heirs , you are required to file an account with the clerk of orphans court of XXXXXX County , enter into a Family Settlement Agreement between yourself as executor or administrator and all heirs who have an interest in the estate or you can obtain a Receipt and Releases from all heirs who who have an interest in the estate. A Family Settlement Agreement or Receipts and Releases are informal manners of settling the estate but should not be used if there are unpaid creditors. You must draft your own form of family settlement agreement or Receipt and Release .

Please don't try the link. Its a commercial site that seems a bit dodgy.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post

Looks like you can do your own thing . What would i include as settlement information? The estate consists of a lot of savings accounts , cd's, checking accounts , 1 stock , house and home contents . I liquidated the stock and combined all the various bank accounts into an estate checking account. Then transferred most of it to Fidelity and Ally bank so it would earn interest. Would i have to list every single deposit and expenditure from the estate checking account? Also Interest earned on it ? One of my siblings wants the house . So maybe list deposits , expenditures , interest earned and who gets what in the distribution of assets . then mention about 5 k or so kept in a reserve for a few months in case something comes up. Then some language that gets me off the hook .

Quote Quoting Decades
    View Post
    Looks like you can do your own thing . What would i include as settlement information? The estate consists of a lot of savings accounts , cd's, checking accounts , 1 stock , house and home contents . I liquidated the stock and combined all the various bank accounts into an estate checking account. Then transferred most of it to Fidelity and Ally bank so it would earn interest. Would i have to list every single deposit and expenditure from the estate checking account? Also Interest earned on it ? One of my siblings wants the house . So maybe list deposits , expenditures , interest earned and who gets what in the distribution of assets . then mention about 5 k or so kept in a reserve for a few months in case something comes up. Then some language that gets me off the hook .
    Your request is beyond the scope of an internet forum. If you wish to create such a document, then you should seek out a local attorney who is familiar with these matters.

Quote Quoting Decades
    View Post
    Have you looked at those forms at the court link?

OC-01 might be something. And under Model Forms of Account the Model Estate Account seems to be a sample of what you are talking about.

Beyond that, I have no clue.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast