Default 2 Tickets

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: illinois
    I was pulled over and accused of speeding 97 mph in a 45 mph zone. I was written 2 different tickets. The first ticket is a reckless driving ticket, that only states "reckless driving" . The second ticket is a speeding ticket for driving 35+ mph over the speed limit.

My biggest questions are: can the officer give me a reckless driving ticket without stating what reckless act i commited?
    Can i legally be given both tickets?
    Is recieving both of theese tickets double jeopardy? As both tickets are for the same offense?

Default Re: 2 Tickets

Everything done seems pretty legit. You probably need to consult with an attorney.

Traffic tickets are generally considered simplified informations so no details of the offense are given on the tickets, and NO it's not "double jeopardy", lol.

Okay, next question: why was i followed for 10 miles before being pulled over? He clocked me on co hwy 22 and then waited to pull me over untill after we were well over 8 miles past the scene where he clocked my speed

Quote Quoting Aaron1234
    View Post
    Okay, next question: why was i followed for 10 miles before being pulled over? He clocked me on co hwy 22 and then waited to pull me over untill after we were well over 8 miles past the scene where he clocked my speed
    That's a great question for the officer, but it doesn't change the validity of the citations.

Quote Quoting Aaron1234
    View Post
    Because you made his day and he wanted to see how many more tickets he could write for you. Besides getting 10 miles worth of evidence.

Quote Quoting Aaron1234
    View Post
    My biggest questions are: can the officer give me a reckless driving ticket without stating what reckless act i commited?
    If I've understood your post correctly, that's exactly what happened, so I'm at a loss to understand why you think it might not be possible. If your intent was to ask whether there is some legal requirement for the officer to do this and whether the officer's failure to do it somehow invalidates the ticket, the answer is no.

Quote Quoting Aaron1234
    View Post
    Can i legally be given both tickets?
    Yes.

Quote Quoting Aaron1234
    View Post
    Is recieving both of theese tickets double jeopardy[,] [a]s both tickets are for the same offense?
    No, but being convicted of both offenses might be.

Given the severity of the charges -- and especially if the allegation regarding your speed is true -- you would be well-advised to retain the services of a local attorney.

Quote Quoting Aaron1234
    View Post
    Okay, next question: why was i followed for 10 miles before being pulled over?
    You don't seriously think anyone here knows the answer to this, do you?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    You don't seriously think anyone here knows the answer to this, do you?
    How would you know the answer to anything here when you do not understand any of the questions?

Why would a cop follow someone for ten miles? Easy! Because he is bored, has time on his hands, has written enough tickets for the day, and is looking to write a bigger ticket than he originally was going to write you for.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    How would you know the answer to anything here when you do not understand any of the questions?

Why would a cop follow someone for ten miles? Easy! Because he is bored, has time on his hands, has written enough tickets for the day, and is looking to write a bigger ticket than he originally was going to write you for.
    Guesses (as you have given) are no different than declining to answer.

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    Guesses (as you have given) are no different than declining to answer.
    You may soon learn that your prods will not work on me because I have been made aware of your posting history on other legal forums.

End of discussion with you!

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    You may soon learn that your prods will not work on me because I have been made aware of your posting history on other legal forums.

End of discussion with you!
    What "prod"? Sheesh.

1. Sponsored Links