Default Reporting Company Activity to a Federal Agency

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: North Carolina
    I currently work at a business which is being monitored by the OCC. As I work in an area which submits reports to government auditors I have been asked in recent months the increase the documents I submit. I am assuming the company is trying to hide any fraud by overwhelming the OCC auditors with documents. The department I work in seems to be on a quota for the number of forms submitted in that some workers have been placed on job performance reviews if they do not increase the volume of the forms submitted

Since the employees have a direct contact with the OCC if I report this would my name be released to my company? Also can I be held liable for any criminal fraud for document stuffing a federal government agency.

Default Re: Reporting Company Activity to a Federal Agency

Quote Quoting rfhjr
    View Post
    My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: North Carolina
    I currently work at a business which is being monitored by the OCC. As I work in an area which submits reports to government auditors I have been asked in recent months the increase the documents I submit. I am assuming the company is trying to hide any fraud by overwhelming the OCC auditors with documents. The department I work in seems to be on a quota for the number of forms submitted in that some workers have been placed on job performance reviews if they do not increase the volume of the forms submitted

Since the employees have a direct contact with the OCC if I report this would my name be released to my company? Also can I be held liable for any criminal fraud for document stuffing a federal government agency.
    Let's see if I have this straight. One of your jobs is to submit reports to this government agency? Your employer has told you to submit more reports to the agency? You make no mention of being told to lie on the forms?

If the agency in question thinks they are receiving too many forms they can take action.

BTW. Who the hell is the OCC? While I have little doubt there is such a federal agency or office with such initials it seems to mean much more to Orange Coast College.

Why do you believe it is improper or illegal to give the government the documents they have requested?

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    BTW. Who the hell is the OCC? While I have little doubt there is such a federal agency or office with such initials it seems to mean much more to Orange Coast College.
    www.occ.gov

Quote Quoting rfhjr
    View Post
    I am assuming the company is trying to hide any fraud by overwhelming the OCC auditors with documents.
    Why are you assuming this? For that matter, why do you believe that your employer is engaged in some sort of fraud?

Quote Quoting rfhjr
    View Post
    Since the employees have a direct contact with the OCC if I report this would my name be released to my company?
    A simple google search appears to indicate the ability to make an anonymous report (although the search results include information for things other than the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, which is what I assume you intended by the acronym).

Quote Quoting rfhjr
    View Post
    can I be held liable for any criminal fraud for document stuffing a federal government agency.
    Depends on the relevant facts, none of which are known to us.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

1. Sponsored Links