Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Non Custodial Took My Son to Get Driver's Permit Without My Permission nor Knowle

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    The last three accidents I was involved in the drivers were under 20 years old...and all of them were the other person's fault. The worst was a guy who had his license three months and he thought when a light turned green he could gas it. Well, I was still in the intersection on my bike. It's called "clearing an intersection first!" He nearly killed me, broadsiding me at about 30mph. But you can believe what you want about young drivers. Insurance companies have the 411 on them too.
    You're broadening the discussion. I am speaking specifically about cell phone use.

Oh, now it is "sexism" to teach a girl that she is different, and has different threats than a boy?

Take your political correctness and...
    Again, you're broadening the discussion. Let's confine it to driving here.

Default Re: Non Custodial Took My Son to Get Driver's Permit Without My Permission nor Knowle

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    I'm more afraid of the older and more experienced driver who believes that he (or she) is an excellent driver, so they are just fine using their phone.
    What? It doesn't matter what someone believes. The fact is that all age groups text and drive. My money is on the more experienced driver being able to do it better than a teenage driver...as bad and dangerous as texting and driving is.

Nobody from Lewis Hamilton to the 16 year old I just watched drive over the curb can text and drive well.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Nobody from Lewis Hamilton to the 16 year old I just watched drive over the curb can text and drive well.
    That would make Formula 1 more exciting, all communications with the driver have to be done by text.
    I am the Mouse Man

Nothing has changed about driving on the street. Cars have become safer and human abilities have not declined over the years. If anything, they have gotten better. So why are young people afraid or not interested in driving a car?

Personally, I think it directly tied to why we do not see young kids playing on the street anymore. Why we don't see them interacting or interested in the opposite sex as much. Also, the young kids can say whatever they want, I connect it to the "smart-phone generation." And, what would a young kid know about having and not having a smart-phone when all they know is having one?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Nothing has changed about driving on the street. Cars have become safer and human abilities have not declined over the years. If anything, they have gotten better. So why are young people afraid or not interested in driving a car?

Personally, I think it directly tied to why we do not see young kids playing on the street anymore. Why we don't see them interacting or interested in the opposite sex as much. Also, the young kids can say whatever they want, I connect it to the "smart-phone generation." And, what would a young kid know about having and not having a smart-phone when all they know is having one?
    Read the information provided in the other thread that you are participating in.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2