Default Merchant Not Returning the Gift Card

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: California

I have returned a merchandise the was purchased with a gift card to an online seller. I have a tracking number that shows they signed for it, but they claim they haven't received it. If this would be a credit card transaction one can dispute it, but since it's a store gift card there is no third party to mediate this. Are there any laws that govern gift card returns and how can a company be compelled to return the money?

Default Re: Merchant Not Returning the Gift Card

Quote Quoting alexsmi
    View Post
    I have returned a merchandise the was purchased with a gift card to an online seller.
    Proofreading is your friend.

I think what you're saying is that you bought merchandise from an online seller using a gift card and have since returned the merchandise. Correct?

Quote Quoting alexsmi
    View Post
    I have a tracking number that shows they signed for it, but they claim they haven't received it.
    In other words, according to a shipper's records, the seller has received your return, but the seller denies it received it.

Quote Quoting alexsmi
    View Post
    If this would be a credit card transaction one can dispute it, but since it's a store gift card there is no third party to mediate this. Are there any laws that govern gift card returns and how can a company be compelled to return the money?
    No.

According to the shipper, when did the seller receive the merchandise, and on what date did the seller deny having received it? How much money is at issue?

1. Sponsored Links