Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Withdrawal of Summary Judgment Motion

Quote Quoting latigo
    View Post
    Here, in contrast, the very essence of your motion admits of a fundamental disagreement as to a critical issue of fact. That issue being the authenticity and admissibility of the adverse party's proposed documentary evidence; to-wit: the invoice.

In other words your motion was a misfit. What would be fitting here would be a Motion in Limine. Meaning one seeking a preemptive adjudication by the court as to the admissibility of the invoice. If you'd like some information regarding the mechanics and purpose of such a motion from a seasoned trial lawyer, please ask me.
    I was about to close this page when I realized your answer made six days ago. I apologize. Can I still make a motion in Limine? I don't know the mechanics, please help. I am due to file my reply tomorrow to the other side's asking to have the MSJ dismissed. Should I withdraw the MSJ instead?

Default Re: Withdrawal of Summary Judgment Motion

Quote Quoting karl3712
    View Post
    I was about to close this page when I realized your answer made six days ago. I apologize. Can I still make a motion in Limine? I don't know the mechanics, please help. I am due to file my reply tomorrow to the other side's asking to have the MSJ dismissed. Should I withdraw the MSJ instead?
    Before I respond allow me to suggest that you post your questions to another website where they will remain on the board long enough to be appropriately reviewed and receive comment. Here, as I'm sure you have observed they disappear in the middle of the night as if they owed money.

Try this one for size: https://forum.freeadvice.com/

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2