Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Covid, Masks, Stores

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    Just to make sure it's clear, Harold, is it your contention that all a person has to do is walk into a store and claim they have a medical condition that precludes them from wearing a mask, and on that claim with no supporting evidence the store owner/employee is compelled to allow that person into the store and shop maskless?

And if that is not what you are claiming, what are you?
    No, but it should be similar to being allowed to park in a handicap parking stall.

Make no mistake, when I catch someone lying to me like they do on the death-count of Covid, my senses go on full alert. Don't yours?

When a hospital is paid double for Covid cases, would they be encouraged to admit them?

During January 2020, me and my family knew about 100 people that got the common flu. To this day I still do not know anyone who got Covid...and they say it is just as contagious. I'm not buying it.

The common flu kills about 60,000 in three months. The Corona Virus kills at about the same rate.

One person out of every 340,000 people die of Covid every day. That is one person out of five LA Coliseums full of people. If you subtract the nursing home deaths, it is one out of ten Coliseums full of people. It is one person dying per day out of a 450 mile long line of socially distancing people. Yet the media says it is another 911 every three days.

About 650,000 people die from cancer every year. If we could shut down our economy and lock people in their homes to save 200,00 of those folks, would we?

Let me ask anyone this: Please provide a link to a scientific study that shows the Corona Virus traveling across a table or through 6' of air to infect another person? Not by coughing, but by talking. I am not denying it does, just wondering if they have witnessed it do that in a scientifically controlled test?

I know, I'm nuts because I am not drinking the Kook-Aid.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    No, but it should be similar to being allowed to park in a handicap parking stall.

Make no mistake, when I catch someone lying to me like they do on the death-count of Covid, my senses go on full alert. Don't yours?

When a hospital is paid double for Covid cases, would they be encouraged to admit them?

During January 2020, me and my family knew about 100 people that got the common flu. To this day I still do not know anyone who got Covid...and they say it is just as contagious. I'm not buying it.

The common flu kills about 60,000 in three months. The Corona Virus kills at about the same rate.

One person out of every 340,000 people die of Covid every day. That is one person out of five LA Coliseums full of people. If you subtract the nursing home deaths, it is one out of ten Coliseums full of people. It is one person dying per day out of a 450 mile long line of socially distancing people. Yet the media says it is another 911 every three days.

About 650,000 people die from cancer every year. If we could shut down our economy and lock people in their homes to save 200,00 of those folks, would we?

Let me ask anyone this: Please provide a link to a scientific study that shows the Corona Virus traveling across a table or through 6' of air to infect another person? I am not denying it does, just wondering if they have witnessed it do that in a scientifically controlled test?

Are you sure you had enjoyed the Kook-Aid? It sure sounds like it to me. It sounds like you're alleging that the Pandemic is, indeed, a conspiracy with more moving parts that the now defunct space shuttle. A global conspiracy to achieve...what, exactly? I can't see a common goal given the number of players that would have to be involved.

Wait...it's the Democrats. IT's their conspiracy. Well, don't worry, you have your own set of "alternative facts" so you just get on with your bad self.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    Are you sure you had enjoyed the Kook-Aid? It sure sounds like it to me. It sounds like you're alleging that the Pandemic is, indeed, a conspiracy with more moving parts that the now defunct space shuttle. A global conspiracy to achieve...what, exactly? I can't see a common goal given the number of players that would have to be involved.

Wait...it's the Democrats. IT's their conspiracy. Well, don't worry, you have your own set of "alternative facts" so you just get on with your bad self.
    You are putting words in my mouth. I made no such claim.

If something I stated was not a fact, please point it out. You got the internet at your fingertips. Or do you rely on the blood-red maps provided by the [liberal] media.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Since most stores have delivery and pickup options, that would seem to accommodate the ADA.
    Those would indeed be ways to accommodate the persons who can't wear masks as a way to comply with the ADA.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Those would indeed be ways to accommodate the persons who can't wear masks as a way to comply with the ADA.
    Hmmm. Maybe if the delivery was free. Is it?

The grocery store in my area that delivers does it free as long as you buy a certain amount, but the amount is so low that almost any grocery order would hit that amount easily.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I don't know where you got those figures. As for deaths by the flu, the CDC says that last year (2019), there were 34,200 deaths in the US due to flu. The CDC count of COVID-19 deaths just through October 16 was 204,613. That's substantially higher and doesn't even cover a full year. Remember that COVID only really started to hit the US in March, and of course we still have over two months left to go in the year. Based on these figures, the death rate to COVID is about six times higher than the flu and thus not, as you say, "about the same rate".

It's also higher worldwide.Johns Hopkins Medicine says the following:

COVID-19: There have been approximately 1,099,380 deaths reported worldwide. In the U.S, 217,717, people have died of COVID-19 between January 2020 and October 16, 2020.*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, the vast majority of people do not yet have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu.

*This information comes from the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

(Bolding added.) So it appears from the above that the facts show that the death rate of COVID is substantially higher and that much of the medical community believes that to be the case.

In any event, the answer to the OP's question about the store's rights and obligations when dealing with someone who comes into the store to shop and claims they cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition has already been provided, and this debate over just how bad COVID is doesn't change that.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Or because you do drink it.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Hmmm. Maybe if the delivery was free. Is it?
    In the case of the ADA accommodation the store would indeed need to provide those alternatives free of cost if it could reasonably do so. If it offered both delivery and pick up, it would be enough that the pick up option was free, however.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I don't know where you got those figures. As for deaths by the flu, the CDC says that last year (2019), there were 34,200 deaths in the US due to flu. The CDC count of COVID-19 deaths just through October 16 was 204,613. That's substantially higher and doesn't even cover a full year. Remember that COVID only really started to hit the US in March, and of course we still have over two months left to go in the year. Based on these figures, the death rate to COVID is about six times higher than the flu and thus not, as you say, "about the same rate".

It's also higher worldwide.Johns Hopkins Medicine says the following:

COVID-19: There have been approximately 1,099,380 deaths reported worldwide. In the U.S, 217,717, people have died of COVID-19 between January 2020 and October 16, 2020.*

Flu: The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly. Since this disease is caused by a new virus, the vast majority of people do not yet have immunity to it, and a vaccine may be many months away. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19, but at present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu.

*This information comes from the Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases map developed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering.

(Bolding added.) So it appears from the above that the facts show that the death rate of COVID is substantially higher and that much of the medical community believes that to be the case.

In any event, the answer to the OP's question about the store's rights and obligations when dealing with someone who comes into the store to shop and claims they cannot wear a mask due to a medical condition has already been provided, and this debate over just how bad COVID is doesn't change that.

Or because you do drink it.

In the case of the ADA accommodation the store would indeed need to provide those alternatives free of cost if it could reasonably do so. If it offered both delivery and pick up, it would be enough that the pick up option was free, however.
    Will Mark give me permission to respond to your heavily slanted numbers?

Tell you what, I'll spare TM if someone just provides a link to the scientific, white paper study that proves scientists have witnessed Covid being transferred by air, not spit, across a dinner table.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Will Mark give me permission to respond to your heavily slanted numbers?

Tell you what, I'll spare TM if someone just provides a link to the scientific, white paper study that proves scientists have witnessed Covid being transferred by air, not spit, across a dinner table.
    There's nothing like the internet, Harold, to provide you with the "research" that you want. As for me, just like TM said in another thread, I'll stick to what I know and I'll trust the scientists to know what they are doing. What I'm not doing is letting armchair doctors tell me what's what. It's just like antivaxxers that say that "did their research". So, since it was a cure all in the 18th century I recommend you can calm your mind by drinking a flask full of mercury. There's "research that supports it". It also cures Covid-19.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    There's nothing like the internet, Harold, to provide you with the "research" that you want. As for me, just like TM said in another thread, I'll stick to what I know and I'll trust the scientists to know what they are doing. What I'm not doing is letting armchair doctors tell me what's what. It's just like antivaxxers that say that "did their research". So, since it was a cure all in the 18th century I recommend you can calm your mind by drinking a flask full of mercury. There's "research that supports it". It also cures Covid-19.
    So are you giving me permission to respond to TM? Or are you going to give me a link to an actual study that witnessed the transfer. It's either/or.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers here by going off topic.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast