Default Local Impound Yard Won't Release My Vehicle Without a Current Inspection Sticker

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: WV tow yard won't release my pickup without minor repairs to get an inspection sticker. Infectivity permanently keeping it because I can't get in to fix it

Default Re: Local Impound Yard Won't Release My Vehicle Without a Current Inspection Sticker

Have you offered to bring a tow truck to haul it to the shop to be repaired and then inspected?

I'm not seeing anything directly on point with regards to impounded vehicles and release beyond the fact that it is illegal to drive it without a valid inspection but I could be missing something.
    I am the Mouse Man

Default Re: Local Impound Yard Won't Release My Vehicle Without a Current Inspection Sticker

Is this a municipal lot or a private yard?

Why didn't you have a current inspection sticker when the truck got towed?

Why was the truck towed?

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Have you offered to bring a tow truck to haul it to the shop to be repaired and then inspected?

I'm not seeing anything directly on point with regards to impounded vehicles and release beyond the fact that it is illegal to drive it without a valid inspection but I could be missing something.
    The vehicle had been sitting for a while with as I had let the insurance lapse. The day I was doing some repairs I pulled it about 50 yards onto the road for a test when a cop pulled me and got me. I took responsibility for that. After it was impounded I was told by the tow co. and the police that the ticket needed paid and it needed to be fully legal to get it. I could put insurance on it but didn't have money to pay ticket, tow fees, and impound fees all at once and by the time I did a week later the impound were enormous. As I couldn't get to make the minor repairs for inspection myself. In effect the end result was the final cost by that point exceeded the value of the truck. I have suspected that my hands are tied on this but I wanted someone else to take a look as I may have missed something. Just doesn't feel right for some reason.

I have suspected that my hands are tied on this
    They are.

but I wanted someone else to take a look as I may have missed something.
    You haven't.

Just doesn't feel right for some reason.
    Sorry, but it's right. You drove the truck illegally and got caught. Might as well go sign the truck over to the towing company in exchange for a waiver of the fees lest you add a collection agency to your troubles.

1. Sponsored Links