Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Theft of Store Property Charge Against Wishes of Store Owner

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Nebraska

A local grocery store filed burglary charges against some creep who staked out their parking lot and Sunday stole my nice mountain bike off the bike rack (according to the store owner himself). We (myself, the store owner, and a couple of his employees) had a full afternoon razzing and chasing the little rabbit around the neighborhood by the time we documented enough harmful public behavior for the Owner to have police recover him in the nearby neighborhood. and file robbery charges. It's really just a dimple in the neighborhood theft ring. The cops charged ME for the cheap bicycle he abandoned and was given to me by the Owner. That makes the store's case look messed up outright; the crooked cops are not going to show up, nor am I, and likely not the store Owner, either--that crook is as good Johnny Walker already!

Nevertheless, I have a court date 15 December, and I am assembling a timeline in an angry letter to send to the judge, and an harassment claim.
    Can the state attack people on a store property, against the wishes of the store manager? I thought that was a Federal Civil False Claim! Anyway, I am citing SCOTUS Calif VS Greenwood 1988. I'd love to sue for Human Rights (cops knew they were preventing me from ever getting groceries until I starve) but all the sheisters I talked to on Monday are gay nazis and I don't have any $number$ value for them anyway.. Can I get help on any of this?

Default Re: Theft of Store Property Charge Against Wishes of Store Owner

You are going to have to better explain what you were charged with and how that happened.

Also, sending the judge an "angry letter" before you court data is probably the stupidest thing you could possibly do.

This poster is a real steaming pile of dung.

Zinger - u r a gay bitch.

Theft By Unlawful Taking - $500/less, as if that makes any legal difference.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Zinger - u r a gay bitch.
    Sorry - I'm not available. Maybe when I'm single...

@anyone else - I don't see any mute controls. Can I put a poster on ignor-ant?

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    @anyone else - I don't see any mute controls. Can I put a poster on ignor-ant?
    I think you will find you will need to find a new place to ask your questions.

Had I looked at your posting history before I tried to help you I probably wouldn't have wasted the time.

This site should be renamed LazyLegal. No experts here at all? Maybe you all could try harder at comedy. It seems like you put so much work into... well, infractions and probate. The very MOST boring forum on the world wide web.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Nevertheless, I have a court date 15 December, and I am assembling a timeline in an angry letter to send to the judge, and an harassment claim.
    Sending an angry letter to the judge that presides over your case is a bad move. First, unless you also send a copy of that letter to the prosecution your letter would be an improper ex parte communication with the court. As a result, the judge may not even read it. Second, the judge can't do much with an angry letter anyway. At best it just gets tossed in the trash. At worst it makes a bad impression of you to the judge, which will not be helpful to you.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Can the state attack people on a store property, against the wishes of the store manager?
    What attack are you talking about?

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Anyway, I am citing SCOTUS Calif VS Greenwood 1988.
    How does that case help you at all? In California v. Greenwood, the issue before the court was whether the police could get a search warrant based on what the police found in the garbage bags the defendant left on the curb for pickup. The Court held that search of the garbage bags was legal and thus the subsequent search warrant was good.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    I'd love to sue for Human Rights (cops knew they were preventing me from ever getting groceries until I starve) but all the sheisters I talked to on Monday are gay nazis and I don't have any $number$ value for them anyway.
    Exactly how are the cops keeping you from getting groceries? If lawyers you talk to won't take the case, that usually suggests either that you don't have a good case or that the award you'd likely get would be too small to make it worthwhile.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Sending an angry letter to the judge that presides over your case is a bad move. First, unless you also send a copy of that letter to the prosecution your letter would be an improper ex parte communication with the court. As a result, the judge may not even read it. Second, the judge can't do much with an angry letter anyway. At best it just gets tossed in the trash. At worst it makes a bad impression of you to the judge, which will not be helpful to you.
    I do not agree!

I once sent a letter to a judge during a murder trial that I was observing from the stands. It outlined a conversation I had with a member of the victim's family and facts about the accused who I knew personally and that his incompetent defense lawyer was overlooking. That letter was not thrown in the trash. It was given to both attorneys. The prosecutor actually read my letter to the jury and flimsily tried to debunk every one of my line items.

I believe the accused cannot communicate with a judge in any fashion without that communication being shared with both attorneys. You should know that.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast