Default "Victim" in Protection Order is Blackmailing Me

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Nebraska

My ex threatened me in writing that she would file an order of protection against me if i refused to change gym locations. She also left me a voicemail threatening to divulge personal financial information if I didn't stop talking to my friends about our breakup. She hacked into my ipad to read the texts between myself and my friends, and to also get this financial information.

She filed for a protection order against me. I haven't been served with it yet. However, since she has filed for an order of protection, she has made attempts to contact me multiple times - texting me, posting things under fake names on social media, etc.

I have not responded to anything, or made any sort of contact with ehr/her family, I have just been documenting her attempts.

Obviously the protection order will be easy enough to disprove at the hearing. However, would filing blackmail and/or telephone intimidation charges with the police be warranted in this situation? And would it help or hurt my case in terms of the protection order - will the judge see it as retaliatory, or will it add credibility to my case to get the protection order withdrawn?

Thanks

Default Re: "Victim" in Protection Order is Blackmailing Me

would filing blackmail and/or telephone intimidation charges with the police be warranted in this situation?
    Even if the police do nothing, it will be on record. I suggest you visit your local police station ask for a report form, fill it out, photograph it with your phone, and get a complaint number.

And would it help or hurt my case in terms of the protection order - will the judge see it as retaliatory, or will it add credibility to my case to get the protection order withdrawn?

I have no clue. Do it anyway.

1. Sponsored Links