Default Will and Health Proxy Planning

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: NY

Hello to everyone. I hope that this posting finds everyone well during the difficult times.

It is these times that have caused me to realize the need for a Will and Health Proxy. And unfortunately, without a family, I have no one to put in charge of such things.

How does a person in my position prepare such documents? Will a law firm that handles my will also act as my executor to see that my final wishes are carried out? Does such a firm exist?

Default Re: Will and Health Proxy Planning

Quote Quoting Dominick
    View Post
    It is these times that have caused me to realize the need for a Will and Health Proxy. And unfortunately, without a family, I have no one to put in charge of such things.

How does a person in my position prepare such documents? Will a law firm that handles my will also act as my executor to see that my final wishes are carried out? Does such a firm exist?
    I'm unaware of whether a law firm can act as an executor of an estate in NY, but I doubt it. Of course, a lawyer could do that. Some will. Some won't. You'd have to ask.

Default Re: Will and Health Proxy Planning

Trust companies, trust departments of banks, and individuals called professional fiduciaries, can serve as the executor of your estate. How much they charge will vary from state to state. I believe some get a percentage of the estate while others may charge an hourly rate against the estate.

I have nominated first a close friend to administer my estate. If he is not available or willing, the task goes to a relative. If she is not available or willing, a Title and Trust company is listed as the third choice.

1. Sponsored Links