Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Can Temporary Wooden Stakes or Lath with Ribbon Be Removed from the Property Line

Quote Quoting LandSurveyor
    View Post
    Are you aware that many if not all temporary marks set on the ground at a construction site can be set by non-licensed persons?
    It is my understanding that the only unlicensed person that can work on a construction site is the owner of the property.

Default Re: Can Temporary Wooden Stakes or Lath with Ribbon Be Removed from the Property Line

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    It is my understanding that the only unlicensed person that can work on a construction site is the owner of the property.
    Your understanding is wrong at least in MO and likely everywhere else. A contractor has to be licensed but each and every employee does not.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Your understanding is wrong at least in MO and likely everywhere else. A contractor has to be licensed but each and every employee does not.
    An employee works under the license of his boss...making him a legally licensed, bonded and insured worker.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    An employee works under the license of his boss...making him a legally licensed, bonded and insured worker.
    I almost agree and that isn't what you said. Where I don't agree is that while the employee is insured and the bond of the employer will cover him the employee holds no license.

Also, a GC is likely not a licensed, surveyor and likely doesn't have one on staff. Permanent markers are usually hard to see. It would not be unusual for a contractor to want to be able to see where the property line is so they go and place a stake with a flag where the perm markers are located. That doesn't make that stake and flag a marker protected by the law in question.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3