Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: What Do You Do if You Are Charged of Passing a School Bus, but Didn't Do It

Default Re: What Do You Do if You Are Charged of Passing a School Bus, but Didn't Do It

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty?
    This is a common, yet inherently flawed phrase because 'proven guilty' does not negate one's innocence. It could just a easily be 'innocent in spite of being proven guilty.'

It is a legal term meant to imply something without actually saying it. IOW, a crafty use of the oral arts.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    This is a common, yet inherently flawed phrase because 'proven guilty' does not negate one's innocence. It could just a easily be 'innocent in spite of being proven guilty.'

It is a legal term meant to imply something without actually saying it. IOW, a crafty use of the oral arts.
    Please tell me anywhere in the law where the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" appears as a stand-alone statement.
    What you are complaining about is a colloquialism that very (VERY) broadly summarizes the law, not the actual law.

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    Please tell me anywhere in the law where the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" appears as a stand-alone statement.
    What you are complaining about is a colloquialism that very (VERY) broadly summarizes the law, not the actual law.
    Why are you asking me your dumb question? I never said it was a law, rather a commonly known phrase that nearly every human being is familiar with and thinks our justice system is based upon. But not you of course because you've always known that it is inherently flawed, right? Mr. 20/20 hindsight.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Why are you asking me your dumb question? I never said it was a law, rather a commonly known phrase that nearly every human being is familiar with and thinks our justice system is based upon. But not you of course because you've always known that it is inherently flawed, right? Mr. 20/20 hindsight.
    I see - this is apparently the wrong forum for you. This is a legal forum that deals with the law. I can see from your post that you tend to lash out at those who disagree with your cynical and narrow minded view of the world. It appears that the others are right - you are only here to cause trouble.

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    I see - this is apparently the wrong forum for you. This is a legal forum that deals with the law. I can see from your post that you tend to lash out at those who disagree with your cynical and narrow minded view of the world. It appears that the others are right - you are only here to cause trouble.
    It was you that asked the dumb question.

Attention Readers,

I have also observed Harold99's distasteful posts on this forum, so I will quote the following from another user:

"Harold99 posts for no other reason than to take shots at senior members of the forum and lawyers in general. *It would be wise to ignore whatever he writes. While the person posting under the name of Harold99 has been banned from this site at least 3 times but, due to the current lack of moderation, he isn’t being banned. Hopefully, that will change in the future but for now, we have to live with it.

For now, I suggest you simply ignore his posts but if you do read them please read any responses posted by the more rational members."

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post

Again, as my friend in the sign shows, legal GUILT has nothing to do with whether you committed an act. People plead guilty to things they didn't do all the time and are foung legally guilty. The fact that they didn't do it is irrelevant. They are guilty. Occasionally someone maintains innocence and are still found guilty. They are PROVEN guilty under the law and remain that way until a subsequent action reverses that. You can carp on this all you want and derail threads and pollute this forum with your drivel, but it doesn't change the law.

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    Attention Readers,

I have also observed Harold99's distasteful posts on this forum, so I will quote the following from another user:

"Harold99 posts for no other reason than to take shots at senior members of the forum and lawyers in general. *It would be wise to ignore whatever he writes. While the person posting under the name of Harold99 has been banned from this site at least 3 times but, due to the current lack of moderation, he isn’t being banned. Hopefully, that will change in the future but for now, we have to live with it.

For now, I suggest you simply ignore his posts but if you do read them please read any responses posted by the more rational members."
    Oh, that hurts. But don't worry. I won't respond to your dumb thoughts anymore.

Attention Readers,

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast