My question involves real estate located in the State of: CT
1) Call about a residential for sale listing
2) Listing agent tells me the prop is in contract, and can not show it to me
3) After some time, the listing agent calls me, and tells me the deal fell through
4) Agent shows me the property, and then asks if I would like to make an offer
5) I ask agent what the sale price was, and she informs me that she is not allowed to disclose that
First Q is, whether or not that is true. I can understand why she might not want to, but is there something that disallows her from telling me?
Second Q is, whether or not I can find out. And if so, how? This Q is born out of another sit. I encountered last week. I looked at a condo, and the prop info the listing agent handed to me contained the current owner/seller's name, and mortgage info, including bank name, int rate, monthly pymts, and amount owed. I asked the agent why the info was on there, and her answer was that it's all public info anyway, so they put it on there to "make things easier".
So, if that is public info, are winning bids on properties that have not closed but hat have went to contract public info as well?
Thanks in advance.