Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Complaints to Apartment Management-No Response

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Texas

What can be done if apartment management is not keeping community clean or holding people accountable? Multiple reports have been made to the management, all the way up to the owner. No response back. What is happening: people leaving trash on the ground at dumpsters constantly, open diapers, mattresses. The mattresses are left for weeks at a time. Last week a large amount of soiled diapers ( at least 75) were left on the ground. At least 7 reports to code department. What would be the next step? Heath department? Thanks

Default Re: Complaints to Apartment Management-No Response

Have you sent these notices in writing? How does your lease address these issues? What did code enforcement do?

Move...

@Zigner Understood and agree. However, my situation does not allow me to move at the moment. I am trying to find a way.

@lill The complaints have been submitted by email. Another resident has done so as well. The lease states they are responsible for keeping "common areas" clean. Code enforcement took the complaints and I looked online to see the complaints and none of them were listed at all.

Quote Quoting JillD4
    View Post
    @Zigner Understood and agree. However, my situation does not allow me to move at the moment. I am trying to find a way.

@lill The complaints have been submitted by email. Another resident has done so as well. The lease states they are responsible for keeping "common areas" clean. Code enforcement took the complaints and I looked online to see the complaints and none of them were listed at all.
    Emails are not "in writing". Either show up at the office and make your complaints in person, where they cannot ignore you AND put your complaints in writing. Not an email, not a text but in writing, on a piece of paper, mailed to the office by certified mail.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Emails are not "in writing".
    I disagree. Emails are composed of the written word, and thus are a "writing". The only difference is the medium on which the words are written. Whether written on cave walls, stone tablet, papyrus, paper, or displayed on electronic devices doesn't change that the message is written. Whether an e-mail is sufficient for some legal purpose is another matter; in some circumstances a particular type of written communication may be required. But unless the lease contract requires a particular manner of making complaints (and so far JillD4 has not mentioned if it does) then an e-mail should be sufficient to prove that she told management her concerns should that become an issue later on. Sure, a formal letter may look more impressive, but at this point it's not going to tell the management company anything different than it was already told by e-mail. If the management is not responding to e-mail, I doubt using a letter will be any more effective. Both can be just as easily ignored.

Showing up to talk to the management company in person would be the next step I would recommend. They can't as easily dodge responding to you when you are standing right there waiting for the response.

Go talk to your local health official.

The office is closed due to pandemic and will not see anyone. This is what they state "Due to COVID-19 our Leasing Office is closed to the public. Our staff is working in the office and can assist you over the phone or via email."
    However, there is no assistance whatsoever. There seems to be a lack of assistance to specific individuals who have made complaints even when the assistance requested is not complaint related. The people that complained are disabled as well. An email to the manager on September 13 regarding a different topic not a complaint. I have not gotten a response back and no one answers the telephone in the office. I am sensing retaliation here.

Send them a letter via the USPS with proof of delivery.

Apparently, management IS dealing with the improperly/illegally dumped items. The OP is simply unhappy with the length of time it takes in some cases.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast