Exclamation Nudity in Home

My question involves personal property located in the State of: New Jersey

At what point is nudity in home illegal depending on what people can see from the outside. So if my door is open and I am naked and someone can see me throughout the glass door is this illegal?

Default Re: Nudity in Home

It is illegal. In NJ, there's no distinction between public and private locations in the indecent exposure statutes. If you display your private parts to another for the purpose of sexual arousing of either them or you, or if you expose yourself to someone under thirteen, you've just committed a felony (fourth-degree crime in NJ speak).

Quote Quoting NopainNogame
    View Post
    At what point is nudity in home illegal depending on what people can see from the outside. So if my door is open and I am naked and someone can see me throughout the glass door is this illegal?
    It would all depend on what you are doing, for what purpose are you doing it when someone may see you. It is not illegal to be naked in your own home. Walking past a window or glass door is not lewd behavior. However, if you know someone is watching you and you do it for the purpose of arousing that person, then it may be considered boarder line lewdness.

NJSA 2C:14-4 reads in part:

Lewdness.
    a. A person commits a disorderly persons offense if he does any flagrantly lewd and offensive act which he knows or reasonably expects is likely to be observed by other nonconsenting persons who would be affronted or alarmed.
    Walking past a window or glass door is neither flagrantly lewd or an offensive act.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    It is illegal. In NJ, there's no distinction between public and private locations in the indecent exposure statutes. If you display your private parts to another for the purpose of sexual arousing of either them or you, or if you expose yourself to someone under thirteen, you've just committed a felony (fourth-degree crime in NJ speak).
    To say that what OP describes is illegal goes too far. There has to be intent for the purpose of sexual arousal. And even then it is only a disorderly persons offence.

Lewdness.

a. A person commits a disorderly persons offense if he does any flagrantly lewd and offensive act which he knows or reasonably expects is likely to be observed by other nonconsenting persons who would be affronted or alarmed.

b. A person commits a crime of the fourth degree if:

(1) He exposes his intimate parts for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of the actor or of any other person under circumstances where the actor knows or reasonably expects he is likely to be observed by a child who is less than 13 years of age where the actor is at least four years older than the child.

(2) He exposes his intimate parts for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of the actor or of any other person under circumstances where the actor knows or reasonably expects he is likely to be observed by a person who because of mental disease or defect is unable to understand the sexual nature of the actor's conduct.

c. As used in this section:
    “lewd acts” shall include the exposing of the genitals for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of the actor or of any other person.
    The operative parts of the statute in all cases is for the purpose of arousing or gratifying the sexual desire of the actor or of any other person

Surely you don't mean that a mother coming out of the shower is seen by her child and she commits a fourth degree offence. Or do you?

posting history

helpful reply, thanks

^^spammer^^ reported.

Quote Quoting just blue
    View Post
    ^^spammer^^ reported.
    I did earlier as well.

For all the good it will do.