Quote Quoting Hemispheres
View Post
Just quoting so the thread gets updated instead of just adding to my previous post.

The driver who hit me got found Not Guilty yesterday. I stood outside the courtroom for 2 hours and was not allowed to go in nor was I allowed to testify against him like I was asked to do. The other witness never showed up either.
While it's a bit surprising the prosecutor did not call you to testify against the guy it's also a bit hard to comment about that much since you did not say what happened in the trial or why he won acquittal. It could be, for example, something occurred to end the trial before the prosecutor got a chance to call you. In any event, it is not a surprise that you weren't allowed to go in to watch the trial. It is pretty common that potential witnesses in the case are excluded from the courtroom so that their testimony will not be affected by the testimony of other witnesses in the case. For example, the idea is to prevent witness Amy from altering her testimony based on what witness Officer Bob says.

Quote Quoting Hemispheres
View Post
The only good news is my personal defense lawyer said it doesn't affect them in any way and they're still going to go after the insurance company.
Your lawyer is correct that the verdict in this criminal/infraction case does not adversely affect your personal injury case. However, it is important to know what testimony various witnesses (if there were any) gave in that trial as that could be significant in planning the civil case. As an aside, your lawyer is obviously not your "defense lawyer" as you are not the defendant in the civil case. You are the plaintiff.