Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Re: What Are My Chances of Winning a Lawsuit in This Case

Well it's safe to say I have PTSD. First time out since the accident and on a couple occasions I saw an old man in a car and immediately thought "oh shit, it's him" accompanied by anxiety.

Well after an internet search I'm not quite sure it's PTSD but I'm definately dealing with trauma.

Quote Quoting Hemispheres
    View Post
    Well it's safe to say I have PTSD. First time out since the accident and on a couple occasions I saw an old man in a car and immediately thought "oh shit, it's him" accompanied by anxiety.

Well after an internet search I'm not quite sure it's PTSD but I'm definately dealing with trauma.
    I hope that you don't suffer from that long-term. Ultimately I think you want to do what's best for your mental and physical health. If you need some kind of treatment or therapy for it, you should look into that. Your costs of treatment for that would be compensable as part of your damages in the lawsuit.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    Harold, I'm well aware of your views of lawyers and well aware that you like to rant about your hatred of lawyers every chance you get. You are entitled to your views about lawyers, misguided though some of them are. You don't have a good grasp of how lawyers evaluate cases nor how they determine which cases are worth going to trial. That's not surprising. You are not a lawyer and have never been one. You've been a contractor for the last 30 years. You have very little knowledge of the law and what lawyers do, and it shows in your posts. But still, you are entitled to your opinion and to rant to about lawyers if you like. But I won't go down that road with you and derail this thread.
    And you do I suppose? It doesn't seem like it.

My only point here has been simple: the OP doesn't necessarily have to wait until the eve of trial to get the best deal the insurance company has to offer. The insurance company is going have a pretty good idea if the lawyer is one who will take the case to trial or not before the eve of trial. The OP may well get a good offer well before then, and if he gets that offer, he ought to take while it's on the table. His lawyer will advise him on the whether the offer is worth taking or not.
    I have heard of pleanty of cases that were settled the night before or on the courthouse steps. Even a stupid contractor like me is aware of that.

You talk about lawyers as though they are some elevated, superior type of person. Well, during my trial I watched six lawyers show their expertise. Only one had his shit together. The other five had nothing special about them at all. Moreover, I have two lawyers and a judge that live across the street from me. The two lawyers are not witty or special in any way. I have never engaged the judge so I don't know about her. As for you, I don't even know if you are a lawyer, and if you are, you don't seem like you have much experience, humility or objectivity...never citing a single case you ever tried. You are all wrapped up in playing the part of a lawyer here. But what you seem to forget is that you are a flawed person first...then you are a lawyer.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I hope that you don't suffer from that long-term. Ultimately I think you want to do what's best for your mental and physical health. If you need some kind of treatment or therapy for it, you should look into that. Your costs of treatment for that would be compensable as part of your damages in the lawsuit.
    Again, this is why I think you lack experience as a lawyer. The cost of phycological treatment is the tip of the iceberg of what that insurance company would pay for actual PTSD.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post

Silliness coming from the other self-proclaimed lawyer on this site who would like to tell the OP that he can expect his stitches and PTSD therapy to be paid for, but likely nothing else. ...Mostly because a 14-stitch facial scar will miraculously disappear in a year and the trauma and PTSD of having your face bashed in is a false, unprovable claim.

You are just another social media hater using your anonymous platform to hurt OP's that you never met. As common man is unqualified to have a valid opinion of lawyers as a whole.

Well I got my stitches out today and there is a nasty preliminary scar. My doctor is going to give me an ointment to try and lessen it.

Quote Quoting Hemispheres
    View Post
    Well I got my stitches out today and there is a nasty preliminary scar. My doctor is going to give me an ointment to try and lessen it.
    I am sure your lawyer would like you to take a lot of pictures of the wound.

As for your PTSD, I hit the back of an illegally parked work truck on my bicycle at 20mph. The impact and injury was horrid, similar to yours. I can tell you that after nearly three years I still get what you'd call 'flashbacks' ever time I come upon a flatbed truck with a steel bar like the one I hit. Sometimes the mental and physical scars don't just go away, again, to no fault of yours.

You are not responsible for this at all, yet you are paying a huge price. Get compensated as fully as you can because if the insurance company could get away with paying you nothing, they would like they did to me. Let your lawyer play the game to the hilt.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I hit the back of an illegally parked work truck on my bicycle at 20mph.
    I'm assuming that you properly compensated the owner of the vehicle for the damages you caused.

Quote Quoting Zigner
    View Post
    I'm assuming that you properly compensated the owner of the vehicle for the damages you caused.
    I did. I paid over $200,000 for a taillight lens cover. Does that make you happy?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I did. I paid over $200,000 for a taillight lens cover. Does that make you happy?
    Extremely. I detest negligent bike riders.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast