Default Asking About Blowjob

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: CA. It was a male friend who I knew for almost a year and I asked him if heíd suck a song for $2,000,000. He said I had to give him $100 or else heíd sue me. If he was to seek a lawyer, and letís say he has a recording, whatís the worst that can happen to me? I really donít want to be sued if he was to proceed.

Default Re: Asking About Blowjob

What is your work relationship with this person? Are you his supervisor or in any way a senior employee? If you are in any way senior to him, do you have a history or making in appropriate comments of this sort?

Subject to how you answer those questions, the answer to yours is that the absolute worst thing that would happen is you might get fired. You might also incur several thousand dollars in attorneys' fees to get the lawsuit dismissed (unless he sued in small claims court, in which case you'd be representing yourself). Any lawsuit he might file would be frivolous.

That said, and while I obviously don't know what sort of work you do, the question you asked is beyond inappropriate for any workplace.

...to the point where, if the other employee so much as mentions the incident in passing to HR or upper management, I think we can count on your being fired as about 100% certain if your employer has the sense God gave the average fence post. And I wouldn't be too certain about receiving unemployment, either.

That is certainly interesting.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    What is your work relationship with this person? Are you his supervisor or in any way a senior employee? If you are in any way senior to him, do you have a history or making in appropriate comments of this sort?

Subject to how you answer those questions, the answer to yours is that the absolute worst thing that would happen is you might get fired. You might also incur several thousand dollars in attorneys' fees to get the lawsuit dismissed (unless he sued in small claims court, in which case you'd be representing yourself). Any lawsuit he might file would be frivolous.

That said, and while I obviously don't know what sort of work you do, the question you asked is beyond inappropriate for any workplace.
    Ok so to be clear if he wanted to take this to court what do you think would happen? How likely would it hold.

Quote Quoting nicedays
    View Post
    Ok so to be clear if he wanted to take this to court what do you think would happen? How likely would it hold.
    If you want more answers you should probably answer the questions asked of you.

We don't have enough information to say what would happen if he took you to court. If you would answer the questions that were posed to you, you might get better responses.

Quote Quoting nicedays
    View Post
    Please go back and answer the questions I asked in my prior response. They're important questions that you shouldn't just ignore and start asking more questions of your own.

1. Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources