Question Legality of "Western Waste Bin Rental" Company Taking Over Entire Street

The "Western Waste Bin Rental" company has taken over an entire street for over 1 month now by continuously and carelessly placing waste bins all over the public road here in Mission Hills California.

I've contacted the company to complain. However, I've not heard back from them.

Aside from contacting the company, does anyone know who else can be contacted to file formal complaints?

The company address:
    Western Waste Bin Rental
    14801 Rinaldi St.
    Mission Hills, CA
    Phone: (818)581-5816

Attached are images of what the street looks like. However, it's constantly changing as the Bin Rental truck continuously maneuvers to place the bin's all over the street all day long! Essentially, the street has become a storage location for the Wester Waste Bin Rental Company and their dirty bins filled with trash and sometimes not.

The Bin Rental Truck California License Plate causing the chaos on the street: 73998T2

What else can be done?

Is this even legal? 🤔😣

Here's a few photo's of the public street here in Mission Hills, California:

Photo #1

Photo #2

Photo #3

Photo #4

Default Re: Legality of "Western Waste Bin Rental" Company Taking Over Entire Street

Have you checked with your local town if they have a contract with them to provide for dumpster service?

Default Re: Legality of "Western Waste Bin Rental" Company Taking Over Entire Street

The first photo shows them filled with trash. Is there a temporary project happening on that street?

Does your city have a Mayor's hotline or other such number that residents can call to complain about things? That might be a place to start.

Feel free to contact the 19th Street LAPD station.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    Does your city have a Mayor's hotline or other such number that residents can call to complain about things? That might be a place to start.
    FYI, Mission Hills isn't a city; it's a neighborhood in Los Angeles, CA, just south of where the 5 and the 405 merge.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Feel free to contact the 19th Street LAPD station.
    How nice of you to give the OP permission to contact the police, even though this is a code violation, not a criminal act.

FYI, Mission Hills isn't a city; it's a neighborhood in Los Angeles, CA, just south of where the 5 and the 405 merge.
    Mission Hills has its own zip code, so who cares if it is an actual city or not?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Mission Hills has its own zip code, so who cares if it is an actual city or not?
    I suppose that one who wants to file a complaint with the appropriate enforcement office would want to know what the correct city is for that.

I would start with a couple of places. First I would try LA Department of Transportation (LADOT). They are the folks in the gray uniforms that drive white cars around the city and do parking enforcement. It looks like someone is bulk storing the bins on city streets, which do doubt is a city ordinance violation. LADOT may do something, or they may kiss you off to LA City Code Enforcement as this may me a commercial code enforcement violation instead. Actually, I'd go for the shotgun effect and call Code Enforcement as wall and see which one works. If you are in the city of Los Angeles, I believe you can reach Code Enforcement by dialing 311 and the (maybe) friendly government operator or autobot will direct you from there.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I suppose that one who wants to file a complaint with the appropriate enforcement office would want to know what the correct city is for that.
    Nice try, looking out for your buddy who mainly just criticizes OP's grammar in any way possible and also claims to never understand anything written. Yet he wants to wear the title of 'lawyer.'

Can a lawyer be a troll...absolutely! Especially when others here always have his back as you are doing now.

Quote Quoting L-1
    View Post
    I would start with a couple of places. First I would try LA Department of Transportation (LADOT). They are the folks in the gray uniforms that drive white cars around the city and do parking enforcement. It looks like someone is bulk storing the bins on city streets, which do doubt is a city ordinance violation. LADOT may do something, or they may kiss you off to LA City Code Enforcement as this may me a commercial code enforcement violation instead. Actually, I'd go for the shotgun effect and call Code Enforcement as wall and see which one works. If you are in the city of Los Angeles, I believe you can reach Code Enforcement by dialing 311 and the (maybe) friendly government operator or autobot will direct you from there.
    Yep, that's who I believe would handle a business storing their dumpsters on public property. Not the LAPD...and I couldn't even find an LAPD station on 19th St. So he's just jack'n with the OP as usual...when he likely knows better and could actually help him/her.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    You might have noticed that I specifically used the term "your city". I am quite sure that the OP knows what city he/she lives in. Therefore, in the best case scenario PG1067's comment was unnecessary.

1. Sponsored Links