Default Accident While on Restricted License

I got into an accident with a restricted license. The person and I exchanged information without calling the police. We both called our insurance and filed the claim. I am wondering if it will eventually come out that I was driving on a restricted license? Should I report to DMV?

Default Re: Accident While on Restricted License

Quote Quoting Guidance2020
    View Post
    I got into an accident with a restricted license. The person and I exchanged information without calling the police. We both called our insurance and filed the claim. I am wondering if it will eventually come out that I was driving on a restricted license? Should I report to DMV?
    In what state did this occur and, if different, in what state is your license? What is the restriction on your license and were you in violation of that restriction at the time of the accident? Were there any injuries? How much damage was done in the accident? And who was at fault in the accident, you or the other guy? The reason I'm asking this stuff is that the risk of the state DMV or local law enforcement finding out about this is going to vary a bit depending on those details. As you might guess, the more serious this incident was the more likely it is that state will eventually find out about it. It may be that if you and the other guy both just keep it between yourselves — and assuming your insurers have no obligation to report it to the state — that the state will never be any the wiser of what happened. That's more likely if the accident was pretty minor.

Most states have laws that mandate reporting traffic accidents in which any person is injured and often when damage over a certain level (e.g. $1,000 or whatever) resulted from the accident. Those laws typically require that the report be made with the local law enforcement agency rather than the state DMV. But without knowing the state where the accident took place I can't tell you exactly what your state requires.

View Post
    I am wondering if it will eventually come out that I was driving on a restricted license?
    What does "come out" mean in the context of this sentence? Are you concerned that someone not know that you have a restricted license? If so, who and why? What is the nature of the restriction, and why was it put in place? At the time of the accident, were you driving in violation of the restriction?

View Post
    Should I report to DMV?
    Depends on the laws of your unidentified state and on whatever facts are relevant under those laws.

View Post
    The insurance company will report the claim to CLUE, a national claims database that insurance companies report to and have access to for underwriting purposes.

Insurance companies also routinely report auto policy lapses to DMVs. I don't know if they also report claims to the DMV but it wouldn't surprise me since it's in the insurance industry's best interest to get accidents on to the driver license records.

It's also possible that the other driver decided to report it just to cover his own butt.

I don't realle get what does ''come out''

Quote Quoting Managar
    View Post
    I don't realle get what does ''come out''
    Are you saying you were driving in violation of the restrictions?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    What does "come out" mean...
    It means when a gay person makes his/her sexual preference public. What else could it mean?

What does "come out" mean in the context of this sentence?
    In the context of the noted sentence it means "be revealed."

The OP didn't respond to these question six weeks ago, so I'm not sure why anyone thinks "Managar's" pointless resurrection of the thread will cause the OP to come back

1. Sponsored Links