Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Illegalization of Drugs

My question involves civil rights in the State of: New Jersey and United States of America

I am curious in what way we can help get a bill for the legalization of all drugs in United States of America. Or is there a way to reform the government entirely. I was thinking a pure democracy where people can vote for laws in their region. Moreover the government could be moved online where people can post a potential law and people in that region can vote on it.

Default Re: The Illegalization of Drugs

Quote Quoting NopainNogame
    View Post
    My question involves civil rights in the State of: New Jersey and United States of America

I am curious in what way we can help get a bill for the legalization of all drugs in United States of America.
    You lobby Congress and your state legislature for that. However, unless you can get most people in the US and your state to support that change it's not going to happen. Bear in mind here that legalization of ALL drugs is a problem because some drugs are known to be inherently dangerous and should not be used by anyone. Such drugs should not be available to the public at all.

View Post
    Or is there a way to reform the government entirely. I was thinking a pure democracy where people can vote for laws in their region. Moreover the government could be moved online where people can post a potential law and people in that region can vote on it.
    You'd have to have a Constitutional Convention that would scrap the entire form of government we have for something else.. I don't see enough popular support right now to do that. And be careful for what you wish for; the result of such a convention might be a government that is much worse than what we have now.

So lobbying congress and state legislature in laymen's terms means convincing them to care/ getting their attention somehow, one way being growing enough support from people in country or state

In regards to inherently lethal chemicals, they are only lethal at some dosages, everything is lethal at a certain dosage

illegalizing things is unnecessary rehabilitation in order to not commit negative actions is all that is necessary. Rehabilitation over detainment. detainment can lead to rehablitation but not necessarily, being straight forward and approaching helping people do the best things without leaving any room for error is proper rehabilitation, responsible behavior that is.

what is a constitutional convention, like a thought out system to work as correct? I am trying to figure out all the logistics, but its 2020 the government should transition to technology.

Spend a few minutes reading the US Constitution. https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/index.html

It can be changed and has been 27 times since it was first ratified.

You really need to understand how things work now before you are qualified to have an informed opinion on how they need to change.

I'm on the forum for that exact reason, to learn about how things are and how they need to change.

View Post
    I'm on the forum for that exact reason, to learn about how things are and how they need to change.
    Good, start with reading the Constitution. It isn't that long nor that hard to read.

View Post
    what is a constitutional convention,
    A constitutional convention is a process where the states call a convention to change the national government. The advantage of a constitutional convention over the regular process to amend the constitution is that a convention can be open ended and consider all kinds of changes to the government rather than a single, targeted change as is usually the case with the regular amendment process. A convention has been done just once; the result of that was the original constitution that changed the federal government from a weak confederacy to a much stronger republic.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    A convention has been done just once; the result of that was the original constitution that changed the federal government from a weak confederacy to a much stronger republic.

And would likely only happen again after a civil war where the current government lost.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    And would likely only happen again after a civil war where the current government lost.
    It wouldn't take that to reach the point where a convention was called. We would merely need to reach a point where a sufficient number of people were so fed up with the current system that they wanted something different, as was the case in the first convention. There was no war that prompted that first convention. It was instead a realization that the government under the Articles of Confederation, which was established in 1781, simply wasn't working. Note that that convention started in 1787 and the result was our present Constitution that was ratified in 1789. The confederacy in this instance was the government that predated our republic and has nothing to do with the Southern Confederacy that brought about the American civil war in 1861.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    It wouldn't take that to reach the point where a convention was called. We would merely need to reach a point where a sufficient number of people were so fed up with the current system that they wanted something different, as was the case in the first convention. There was no war that prompted that first convention. It was instead a realization that the government under the Articles of Confederation, which was established in 1781, simply wasn't working. Note that that convention started in 1787 and the result was our present Constitution that was ratified in 1789. The confederacy in this instance was the government that predated our republic and has nothing to do with the Southern Confederacy that brought about the American civil war in 1861.
    Give me one scenario in the US where a convention could be called for that wasn't the result of or the cause of a civil war.

Getting 2/3rds of the states to agree on anything would be tough. Especially now that the divides in our country are more rural v urban than they are geographic.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast