Default Computer Matching with IRS

I received information from computer matching with the Internal Revenue Service. Since this information may affect your SSI eligibility or payment amount, we would like to discuss it with you. Under the computer-matching law, we cannot use this information to chance your SSI until we give you 30 days to disagree with it. Computer matching compares your records with those of other agencies.

Does it have something to do with my spending? or its just a review

Default Re: Computer Matching with IRS

SSI?

More likely has to do with income and/or assets.

What does the letter tell you to do?

I suggest you follow the instructions ASAP.

Quote Quoting nymike40
    View Post
    I received information from computer matching with the Internal Revenue Service. Since this information may affect your SSI eligibility or payment amount, we would like to discuss it with you. Under the computer-matching law, we cannot use this information to chance your SSI until we give you 30 days to disagree with it. Computer matching compares your records with those of other agencies.

Does it have something to do with my spending? or its just a review
    SSI is a program that is limited to persons with low income and few assets. The IRS gets reporting from various sources of your income for the year. If the amount of income reported to IRS from W-2 and 1099 forms exceeds the amount of income you can have to be eligible for SSI benefits you have the risk of your SSI benefits being terminated and/or having to repay some of the benefits you received. Sometimes the information the IRS gets is not an accurate reflection of your income/assets for some reason. In those cases you want to explain why the IRS reports are not a good indication of your income so that you don't lose benefits.

If you are sure you have,accurately reported your income and resources to SSA. You need to check your credit reports. Someone might have stolen your identity. You can get a copy of your credit report from the three major reporting agencies once a year for free. During the pandemic, they have increased how,often free credit reports can be obtained. The two links below give you more information.

Is your name on another person's bank account ? Did someone you know put your name and social security number on a burial or life insurance policy ? If your name is on a bank account, life insurance or burial policy. The business,must have your social security number before they can add your name.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...credit-reports

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/20...ree-every-week

1. Sponsored Links