My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: PA

1. Dropped vehicle off to have a mechanical repair done.
2. Service manager called the next day: we took your vehicle apart, the part arrived, but its the wrong part. Correct part will not available for 3-4 days.
3. Service manager recognized my inconvenience of being without a vehicle during this time, said, we can put it back together if you want to come get it.
4. I said yes, its the weekend and I have things to do, go ahead and put it back together. When you get the correct part next week, I will bring it back and you can install it.
5. 45 mins later, I called back, said forget it, I'll change my plans, don't put it back together. He said, well, we've already started doing it. I said "fine".
6. Manager calls back 2 mins later and says "do you want us to stop?" I said, yes. I wouldn't feel comfortable driving it with the worn part. I'll just wait.
7. Manager says, yeah, I'd hate to see you pay all that extra labor. Its a 4-hour job total, two to take it apart and two to put it back. Note that he did not tell me in step #3 above that there would be a labor charge for reassembly without the new part. They either ordered the wrong part or received the wrong part, but in my opinion, that's not my problem.

Should I have known that asking a shop to reassemble a mechanical component they disassembled to install a part that they either ordered wrong (or received wrong, I don't fully know) would trigger additional labor charges?

Should the manager have told me in step 3 above something to the effect of "look, if you really want to have your car for the weekend, we can reassemble what we've disassembled, but you will have to pay all the duplicative labor charges to do that". Had he told me that upfront in step #3, I would have never agreed to any further work.