Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Hearsay Evidence

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    If the insured does not dispute the claim, then there must be some policy-based reason why the insurer is denying the claim. What reason(s) has the insurer given for denying the claim despite the lack of dispute by the insured?
    The claim has been denied in part.

Several reasons:

1. Undisputed damages - The other parties insurance company claims they will not consider the damage. No reason given other then they will not consider it.
    2. Disputed damages - The other parties insurance company claims I must prove the damage was not preexisting.
    3. Other undisputed damages - The other parties insurance company claims I have loss but these are damages they do not cover. The insurance company claims this is an unfortunate situation for which I must bear the cost of the loss.
    4. Other disputed damages - The other parties insurance company claims diminished value will only be considered after repairs.

59 Hidden Meadow Drive Grand Forks Air Base, ND 58228

Hey guys, Feeling good to be a participant in this forum. I'm sure I will prove myself as an useful user of this forum. So let's introduce each other Thank you

Quote Quoting YAI
    View Post
    My question involves court procedures for the state of: WA

I have the following documents.

1. A written estimate of the vehicle damage prepared by a collision estimator
    2. A letter from the other drivers insurance adjuster. In the letter the adjuster writes about a conversation with their insured where their insured admits to having caused damage to my vehicle and the locations that were hit. Liability is clear because my vehicle was parked when hit.

Can these documents be used as evidence in small claims or would it be considered as hearsay?
    I think you are overthinking this. It's small claims court. You sue the driver and tell the court what happened. I was parked and the defendant hit my car. You give the letter to the court and let the court decide if it will accept it. By that time, the judge already read the letter and it won't matter much if it is inadmissible. You submit the repair estimate. Forget about what the insurance company is doing now. You are not suing the insurance company.

Quote Quoting Davisvera
    View Post
    Hey guys, Feeling good to be a participant in this forum. I'm sure I will prove myself as an useful user of this forum. So let's introduce each other Thank you
    In the middle of someone's thread is not the place to do that.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2