Angry Unable to Get Money Back After Closing High Yield Checking Account

Hello,

Back in june 2020, I found a credit union (Ideal credit union in MN) with a high yield checking account of 4%, I signed up and created an account and deposited 5k into it. A week later the yield dropped down to 2% and I didnt realize that it was only for a short period of time so I decided to close my account. I closed my account, filled out the paperwork and they said a check will be coming in the mail in two weeks. Check never came, I called back and they said I should try withdrawing from partner location. I tried doing that and they said the account was locked. I call back again, the credit union and they said that there was a error and could not close the account and that the issue was forwarded to the internet security department.
    It is now August 27 and I am getting weekly emails from them on what the situation is. All I get is, our IS department is working on it and we will let you know when things change.
    Why on earth does it take 3 months for a IT department to remove an error to close an account? This sounds like fraud if you ask me and if this goes on another month idk what I am going to do...

Default Re: Unable to Get Money Back After Closing High Yield Checking Account

Quote Quoting Commonwealth97
    View Post
    Hello,

Why on earth does it take 3 months for a IT department to remove an error to close an account?
    It really shouldn't. You need to contact someone more senior at the bank. If that doesn't work https://mn.gov/commerce/industries/f...ial%20services.

Default Re: Unable to Get Money Back After Closing High Yield Checking Account

1. Sponsored Links