Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Firing Realtor While Under Contract

It has zero impact on your life until you try to buy and sell a house!

Quote Quoting BMUJS
    View Post
    There's no law that you must hire a real estate broker to sell your house. If you don't like the fees they charge don't hire them.

Quote Quoting BMUJS
    View Post

Adjusterjack, you have commented on previous issues of mine in the forum and your advice has not been accurate in the past. Not sure you know what you’re talking about here
    Should have said that after my first comment and I wouldn't have wasted any more time on you.

I'm done here.

Quote Quoting BMUJS
    View Post
    Uh huh, but that's utterly irrelevant to the question you asked: whether I, as an "attorney[] who invested years and money in graduate school . . . [am] bother[ed] . . . that someone with no particularly unique skill set makes 30-60k for pushing papers." I'll also point out that I disagree with the premise that realtors have "no particularly unique skill set" or do nothing other than "pushing papers."

By the way, it also doesn't bother me that MLB agents get 4-10% of their clients' earnings for years after their work has been done.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    There's no law that you must hire a real estate broker to sell your house. If you don't like the fees they charge don't hire them.
    Exactly.

As an "attorney[] who invested years and money in graduate school," I know this and also know that fees are always negotiable.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Should have said that after my first comment and I wouldn't have wasted any more time on you.
    If you are going to put yourself in front of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people giving advice on what you do not specialize in, you shouldn't have such thin skin when you are called out for being wrong.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post

By the way, it also doesn't bother me...
    That is because nothing bothers attorneys due to them never being wrong, that they are devoid of morals, ethics and having any concern for people in general. All that matters to them is if they can BS the other party and win.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    If you are going to put yourself in front of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of people giving advice on what you do not specialize in, you shouldn't have such thin skin when you are called out for being wrong.

That is because nothing bothers attorneys due to them never being wrong, that they are devoid of morals, ethics and having any concern for people in general. All that matters to them is if they can BS the other party and win.
    Stop hijacking threads to continue your rant agains attorneys. It's not productive, it dilutes the message that members are trying to get across to OPs and it's just irritating to watch you go back and forth for multiple pages stating the same thing over and over and over...

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    Stop hijacking threads to continue your rant agains attorneys. It's not productive, it dilutes the message that members are trying to get across to OPs and it's just irritating to watch you go back and forth for multiple pages stating the same thing over and over and over...
    I was just concurring with the OP and giving a reason for it.

One post is hardly a rant. Besides, where is your objection to pg1067's constant ranting about grammatical errors? That bashing gets old too.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Whatever.

Adjusterjack, what is the difference between the point in time of earning the commission and the point in time you get paid?

In my mind, if I perform a job (buyer enters into contract) and earn the pay, then I am owed that money. How is that different here (realtor doesn’t get paid unless home sells)

Quote Quoting BMUJS
    View Post
    Adjusterjack, what is the difference between the point in time of earning the commission and the point in time you get paid?

In my mind, if I perform a job (buyer enters into contract) and earn the pay, then I am owed that money. How is that different here (realtor doesn’t get paid unless home sells)
    It's like any other commission. It's a percentage of the money paid to the seller. If the seller for one reason or another receives no payment, then there is no money to pay the commission.

The contract for the commission however, is valid when the sales contract is signed. The difference between commissions on ordinary products sold, and real estate, is that a contract to buy/sell real estate has certain contingencies because of the nature of buying real estate.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast