Default Tweet Possibly Damage Custody if Returning to Court

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Idaho

2 months ago my father corrected himself while in the middle of calling me by my ex wifeís name. I stated just that with the headline Lesbian Problems in a tweet and added a gif of a women vomiting. My Twitter isnít private so my ex found this and claims I am trashing her on social media. She will use it when she brings our custody case back to court. I didnít use any names, and my username isnít my legal name.
    Additionally, our order with regards to saying things about the other parent only indicates not sharing negative stuff about the other parent with our child. Our daughter is 7, doesnít know my username, and has probably never been on Twitter.

Do I have anything to worry about on this?

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: Tweet Possibly Damage Custody if Returning to Court

I can't say whether or not you have something to worry about, I cannot see the future or all of the other circumstances of your divorce.

The only good piece of advice I can give you is to stay off of Twitter. Twitter has never done anyone any good, it just provides a place to spout off whatever nonsense you feel like broadcasting at that moment...and it's archived and searchable forever. Fortunately, social media and the internet didn't exist in my youth. I had to say all of my negative comments to actual people either in person or on the phone, unless I felt like writing it down, putting it in an envelope, finding a stamp, finding the address and mailing it...presuming I didn't think better of whatever venom I was about the send off. Twitter is just a direct line from the id and ego to the world.

Quote Quoting Natb
    View Post
    Do I have anything to worry about on this?
    No one who hasn't seen the tweet can intelligently assess this.

sitting next to Mark47n on this one... especially when you are in a contentious situation with an ex-spouse on what seems to be many matters.

At minimum your twitter account should be private and only findable by people you know and trust. Because whether it bites you or not, it could.

I deleted the tweet, made the account private, stated she was not directly mentioned in it, and apologized for any hurt it may have caused. I take it this would be sufficient to prevent it from gaining ground within or separate from that custody case.

No one here can say. You need to talk to your attorney on this matter. Anything you post online (including here) can be seen and printed to use for or against you at any time!

1. Sponsored Links