Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Are Co-Owners on a Mobile Home Bill of Sale the Names That Title Should Be Made Out

When the mobile home was purchased, the bill of sale was made out to mine and another persons name as purchasers. We both signed the bill of sale at the mobile home park. When the mobile home title is made out by the DMV, will it reflect both of our names? We havenít got the title yet. My question involves real estate located in the State of: Illinois

Default Re: Are Co-Owners on a Mobile Home Bill of Sale the Names That Title Should Be Made O

It certainly should list both of you.

Default Re: Are Co-Owners on a Mobile Home Bill of Sale the Names That Title Should Be Made O

Can one of the co-owners on the bill of sale legally have the mobile home title be made out to just him after the sale, or to his company, without my permission? He said he called the trailer park and told them to change it to exclude me before they sent it to DMV for new title? And to send it to his home instead of to the trailer address? If not is my bill of sale proof of my ownership without the title reflecting my name? I live in the trailer. Will the DMV mail it to me at the trailer?

Quote Quoting Joeyford1
    View Post
    When the mobile home title is made out by the DMV, will it reflect both of our names?
    Let me check my crystal ball and get back to you.

Seriously...presumably, based on what you wrote, and without us having the ability to review any of the sale documents, it probably should have both names. Obviously, you'll find out in due course.

Quote Quoting Joeyford1
    View Post
    Can one of the co-owners on the bill of sale legally have the mobile home title be made out to just him after the sale, or to his company, without my permission? He said he called the trailer park and told them to change it to exclude me before they sent it to DMV for new title? And to send it to his home instead of to the trailer address? If not is my bill of sale proof of my ownership without the title reflecting my name? I live in the trailer. Will the DMV mail it to me at the trailer?
    You'll find out soon enough. If you don't get a bill of sale made out the way you think it should be made out, contact a local attorney. Why is it you think your co-buyer would be doing this?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Let me check my crystal ball and get back to you.

Seriously...presumably, based on what you wrote, and without us having the ability to review any of the sale documents, it probably should have both names. Obviously, you'll find out in due course.

You'll find out soon enough. If you don't get a bill of sale made out the way you think it should be made out, contact a local attorney. Why is it you think your co-buyer would be doing this?
    The bill of sale is correct. I’m asking if he can legally go behind my back and change the TITLE. He said he did it.

Quote Quoting Joeyford1
    View Post
    The bill of sale is correct. I’m asking if he can legally go behind my back and change the TITLE. He said he did it.
    He should not be able to do so. However, weird things sometimes happen. If it ends up that he actually did so, you solution would be to take him to court.

Talk to the trailer park people yourself. He very well might have instructed them to send paperwork to his home address instead of the trailer address.

Quote Quoting Joeyford1
    View Post
    It would have saved some time to actually tell us that to start with. So, it seems your co-buyer is trying to screw you. You need to contact the park and tell them they sold it to the two of you and anything they present to the state should show that. You can throw a little scare into them by saying if they do otherwise that they are going to get dragged into the lawsuit along with the co-buyer. Because if the co-buyer does get the title in only his name it is going to take a lawsuit to change it.

Now I have to ask why you are co-buying a trailer with this co-buyer?

That is not relevant to post why were co-owners. I’m just asking if he does that, is it legal? Do I have a leg to stand on with my bill of sale as proof of ownership?

Quote Quoting Joeyford1
    View Post
    That is not relevant to post why were co-owners. I’m just asking if he does that, is it legal? Do I have a leg to stand on with my bill of sale as proof of ownership?
    Of course you have a leg to stand on. You have a bill of sale with your name on it. Why you were co-owners could possibly be relevant.

Quote Quoting Joeyford1
    View Post
    It very well could be relevant. But yes, you have a leg to stand on if you are willing to do what is necessary to stand on it. Your best bet as I made clear was to stop it before it happens by applying some pressure to the seller. If that doesn't work and your co-buyer gets the title in his name alone on the title you are going to have to go to court to correct the problem.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast