Default What to Do About Neighbor Harrasment

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Michigan

I have a neighbor that is pissed off that I cut trees down to clear the land to build my house. He has been pissed off for a year and a half now. There is an easement issue but, not going to deal with that until next may.
    Last night he had a party. Work night for me as I work Sunday through Thursday. Had a dirt bike going up and down his driveway til after dark last night.
    Every car that left had to peep their horn as they passed by our bedroom window. Wanted to put in a privacy fence this spring that would have eliminated a lot of noise. That was stopped when the dispute of the "easement" started.
    We work for the same employer. I have not brought the situation to work but, want the CRAP to stop !!! I will do whatever it takes. I figure if I let people who work with him see what is going on maybe they can talk to him or expose him or something. If you don't want people at your work to know what an annoying A-hole you are, then STOP being an annoying A-hole !!!

Default Re: What to Do About Neighbor Harrasment

Quote Quoting t_bell40
    View Post

We work for the same employer. I have not brought the situation to work but, want the CRAP to stop !!! I will do whatever it takes. I figure if I let people who work with him see what is going on maybe they can talk to him or expose him or something. If you don't want people at your work to know what an annoying A-hole you are, then STOP being an annoying A-hole !!!
    Bringing this to work is an incredibly bad idea and will likely result in one of you getting fired. Don't bet your job on the 50/50 chance that it won't be you. Actually, it's probably worse than 50/50 odds against you because it's often the complainer that gets the axe. He's probably the nicest guy in the world to everybody except you.

You can look up your local noise ordinance and call the police if he's not complying with it or you can sue him (google private nuisance lawsuit) and seek in injunction.

Trouble is, pissing contests between neighbors often just escalate and never end well.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Bringing this to work is an incredibly bad idea and will likely result in one of you getting fired. Don't bet your job on the 50/50 chance that it won't be you. Actually, it's probably worse than 50/50 odds against you because it's often the complainer that gets the axe. He's probably the nicest guy in the world to everybody except you.

You can look up your local noise ordinance and call the police if he's not complying with it or you can sue him (google private nuisance lawsuit) and seek in injunction.

Trouble is, pissing contests between neighbors often just escalate and never end well.
    And that's where I am at. I seen something about hiring a lawyer. I've done nothing wrong. I worked hard to save enough money to build a house and now I have a sycho neighbor that can't get over it. How horribly frustrating. !!
    Contact the sheriff and he'll become even more agitated even though he is the one with the problem.!!! So, move. I save all my life and now have to move ?? That's not right !!!! New Home Owners Lifes Matter Too !!!!!

I don't see where Jack told you to move.

1. Sponsored Links