Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Previous Employer Sent Nda Two Months After Quitting

Well, since you worked there for less than a year, you didn't qualify for protected medical leave. You're in California, though, and I didn't have employees there long enough to really get a handle on their maternity leave laws, which are broader than most of the country's. I was trying to see if you had a strong claim for pregnancy discrimination but if you were starting a competing business that may not fly. If you were starting a non-competing business you never know. In either case it really can't hurt to talk to an attorney, whether to protect your interests or to see what, if any, legal claims you may have.

Quote Quoting Randafaye
    View Post
    I figured she was blowing smoke. I have been on the phone calling attorneys all day but no one seems to want to help me draft up a rebuttal to her lawyer and want to instead sue her for pregnancy discrimination. I guess asking for money to sign the NDA is too boring?
    You have no reason to respond to her lawyer at all. A rebuttal is not necessary.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    You have no reason to respond to her lawyer at all. A rebuttal is not necessary.
    What do I do if they end up filing the suit?

If and when they file a suit, you'll respond -- file an answer or an appropriate motion, and otherwise generally proceed with the case.
    Hiring a lawyer at that time to represent you in your defense would be a good idea.

Quote Quoting Randafaye
    View Post
    What do I do if they end up filing the suit?
    If you think that you need to send a rebuttal in order to stop them from filing a suit you are wrong. It's highly unlikely that they are going to file a suit because, quite frankly, it's absurd that they are even trying to get you to sign an NDA after the fact like this. They have no grounds and no leverage.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2