Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can I Move Out

Quote Quoting neazisa
    View Post
    I will get married before I let anyone kill me or abused me
    You can only get married in SC under the age of 18 with the permission of your parents. If they aren't willing to sign off on that, then you won't be able to use marriage as a way out.

You cannot marry or move out without parental consent

Tell your teacher, school counselor, school nurse, doctor, pastor ... Keep telling people who are "mandated reporters" when you are abused. Go to the domestic violence assistance center - it may be at the court house.

If you are injured in any way, call the police and ask to be taken to the emergency room.

If the police do not care that you are being physically and psychologically abused then I doubt they'd care if you moved out. Reporting your Mom until they lock her up won't fix anything, except make things worse by giving her a record, loss of job, loss of income, resentment...all from the expectation that the authorities can fix this. Why do you suppose abused wives won't testify against their abusive husbands, or why they try to retract their statements once the police show up? They realize that they just made things worse by calling the police.

Acting on these sort of things is what fixes them. Not relying on the cops and the judicial system to do it for you. Calling the cops should only be done as a last resort, which this does not warrant because she has the means to walk away.

TM,
    What if she isn't legally emancipated and she moves out anyway with the goal of just making till she turns 18? Is encouraging her to move back home and to expect the authorities to fix it better than that? Is following the law always the best path?

They dont help no one get that went to foster care got out they put me back with her they dont care and they dont help and who you think they gone believe me or her. Then if I do call support all that going to do is get me another beaten My 18th birthday isnt until next year at the end of the year

Quote Quoting neazisa
    View Post
    I meant to say Im turning 17 in november i stay in south carolina were not moving in together until after I turn 17 he just turned 20 I really need to leave because i dont feel safe at all She kicks and punches me at times like if im not moving fast enough or if i say yes mam or if my siblings do sum she even pulled my hair till where it almost came out I cant tell her how I feel she doesnt listen at one point she had beaten me so bad till the point i couldnt recognize myself I tried contacting the police and support but they said as long as I have water food and shelter I should be grateful This is not first time this happen right now were staying in a hotel because it always been a man before us I have a job im financially stable I take care of myself because she charges me just to buy little things like soap This is not the first she threatening to kill me she says it multiple time
    The hospital had to call cps. If you were beaten that badly. You would have required medical attention. Are your siblings also abused ? How long were you and your siblings in foster care ?

I never went to the hospital for it we were in foster care for 7 years and she beats my sister

Sieg heil

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2