Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Car Dealer

Quote Quoting aspqueen
    View Post
    wow you like to show your "power" to others don't you? I can understand his grammar and sentence structure. So why cant you? He does not have to have an English degree to be in here. Not everyone needs that to do their jobs and get by in the world.
    No one was trying to show "power" (whatever that means). Pg1067 was simply pointing out that the situation as described wasn't clear. When it comes to the law (and most everything in life) the details matter. Like whether the op's "new car" was another lease or purchase.

Quote Quoting Jogarcia
    View Post
    My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of:Phoenix az. I received a call after two month they can't take my leased car as a trade in and I need to go pick it up and bring my new car back .I already made a payment on my new car can they do this ?
    Quote Quoting Jogarcia
    View Post
    I am new to this forum ,fact is that I came here to get the opinions of more qualified individuals.
    I appreciate your opinion on my grammar but the is not what I'm here for , I have a real concern
    On this matter and the fact is that the new vehicle is not a leased a purchase that is been finance.
    The bank I'm financing do not seem to be the issue. I ask to talk to the sales man I made the deal with,I was told he no longer work with the company. I made it clear to the sales man ,they.
    They do want more money put down .

As a matter of fact they do want more money .
    I am assuming since they are not getting it ,now they want to desolve the deal .
    Is this legal I disclose all information with the sales man.
    After the call and researching I call the dealership to speak with the sales man.
    To my surprise he no longer with the company.

I am new to this forum ,fact is that I came here to get the opinions of more qualified individuals.
    I appreciate your opinion on my grammar but the is not what I'm here for , I have a real concern
    On this matter and the fact is that the new vehicle is not a leased a purchase that is been finance.
    The bank I'm financing do not seem to be the issue. I ask to talk to the sales man I made the deal with,I was told he no longer work with the company. I made it clear to the sales man ,they.
    Quote Quoting Jogarcia
    View Post
    My old car was leased which I told the sales person.
    What I'm getting from all this:

You said that you had a leased vehicle that you traded in for money of the MSRP price of a new vehicle that you are now financing.

When your lease is up on your vehicle, you have no positive equity or any value in that vehicle. So, you cannot use the leased vehicle to trade-in towards a down payment for a new vehicle. Some how you and the dealer miscommunicated with each other over your vehicle being financed or leased.

Now that the dealer has taken in your vehicle as a trade, and should have taken it in as a lease return, because they now found out that the vehicle was leased and not financed, they want their money they gave you towards your new vehicle.

If I'm not right, then you need to show us your paperwork so we can figure it put for you.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    What I'm getting from all this:

You said that you had a leased vehicle that you traded in for money of the MSRP price of a new vehicle that you are now financing.

When your lease is up on your vehicle, you have no positive equity or any value in that vehicle. So, you cannot use the leased vehicle to trade-in towards a down payment for a new vehicle. Some how you and the dealer miscommunicated with each other over your vehicle being financed or leased.

Now that the dealer has taken in your vehicle as a trade, and should have taken it in as a lease return, because they now found out that the vehicle was leased and not financed, they want their money they gave you towards your new vehicle.

If I'm not right, then you need to show us your paperwork so we can figure it put for you.
    It is extremely common in the leasing world, for a dealer to encourage customers to turn in their leased cars early and to buy or lease another car. While they tend to call it a trade in, it is really more of a turning the car in early.

Understood, but that doesn't explain how OP had equity in the leased vehicle. If OP would have turned the vehicle in early, OP would have negative equity in the vehicle and that payment would be added to his financed vehicle. From OP's statement that the dealer told him to "come and pick his old vehicle up", makes me believe that it is a used car dealership not under a national brand and not a new/used car dealership like Chevrolet ect...

All national brand U.S. dealerships accept lease returned vehicles that they will hold in their yard until the finance company picks the vehicle up for auction (unless that dealer doesn't buy that vehicle themselves). A used car dealer not under national brand, will not take in lease returns. That is what leads me to believe that the OP misrepresented his vehicle as financed and not leased. Once the dealer called the finance company for the title, they were told that the vehicle was leased and needed to be returned. Now the dealer wants their car back that they sold to OP, or the equity from the leased vehicle they gave OP towards the down payment for his new vehicle.

I cannot think of another situation that OP would be in if that vehicle was leased.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting Shadowbunny
    View Post
    No one was trying to show "power" (whatever that means). Pg1067 was simply pointing out that the situation as described wasn't clear.
    But what you are failing to admit is that pg1067 does that same grammar bashing to nearly every OP that comes here, without a single person here ever calling him out for it. Then, after the OP clarifies his issue, pg1067 rarely comes back with any helpful advice. IOW, he just comes here to bash people over grammar.

Funny, you left that part out so I included it for you.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    I'm sure if it's not. However, if (as appears to be the case) you cannot communicate in a coherent manner, it will be difficult or impossible for you to get useful responses.
    Hey pg1067, this is not a coherent sentence. Actually, it isn't even a grammatically correct sentence either.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    I'm sure if it's not. However, if (as appears to be the case) you cannot communicate in a coherent manner, it will be difficult or impossible for you to get useful responses.
    I made the deal with,I was told he no longer work with the company. I made it clear to the sales man ,they.

post reported.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2