Question HOA and Fire Sprinkler Renovations

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: utah

I have a unit in a HOA in utah. We are totally renovating our Unit and are doing complete gut renovation.. The HOA is paying for our sprinkler install since many the HOA sprinklers are starting to leak in some of the units and since we have our walls all open it's a cost effective way to replace them. Our walls are now open and we can see my neighbors sprinkler lines run through the walls that separate our units. the sprinkler pipes that feed my neighbors unit penetrate my side of the wall in about 6 separate locations. My contractor has come up with a way to isolate my pipes from my neighbors and in doing so I can leave my neighbors pipes undisturbed. The HOA wants my contractor to replace the pipes that feed my neighbors unit and is willing to pay the additional costs to do so. Yeah that's all great. the problem is the pipes that feed her unit are very old and disturbing them by making the new connections could awaken the "sleeping giant" and cause the sprinklers in her unit to leak and cause damage . I don't want to be responsible for the possibility of causing a leak in her unit and I think the HOA should take responsibility for this possibility since pipes in other units have been failing. I dont think my contractor should be responsible for this either if he is careful and is not negligent .... should my HOA take responsibility for the possibility of a leak? I would like for them to give me a waiver of resposibility. What do you think?

Default Re: HOA and Fire Sprinkler Renovations

should my HOA take responsibility for the possibility of a leak? I would like for them to give me a waiver of resposibility. What do you think?
    I agree.

Unfortunately, the should and the do are two different things.

You can approach your HOA board with the request but don't be surprised if they say no.

1. Sponsored Links