Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Car Shipping Broker Strange Experience

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CA. Please help. I made a significant payment 1000+ on credit card to a car shipping broker. They sEnt me a contract to sign via phone app. .the contract says it cannot be cancelled and I cannot dispute with my credit card company and should there be a lawsuit it will be in NV state. I somehow could not put Date on contract using phone app and the app put weird cross lines on the contract, so I called the broker. To my surprise the broker used expletives as if joking around, told me that unless I date it immediately I will loose the money and hanging up phone repeatedly over and over. I checked their Bbb and it is full of experiences like mine. At this point I am scared truly to even want to ship my car with them. Is such a contract enforceable where date is not filled? Is there something I can do ?

Default Re: Car Shipping Broker Strange Experience

Did you e-sign the contract or not?

If not there isn't a contract and you should immedialt dispute the charge with your CC company.

Quote Quoting melts05
    View Post
    Is such a contract enforceable where date is not filled? Is there something I can do ?
    I'm sure you "can do" hundreds of things. A date is not required to make a contract enforceable. Beyond that, no one here can intelligently assess whether or not you have an enforceable contract.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Did you e-sign the contract or not?

If not there isn't a contract
    We can't know that. A contract may exist even in the absence of a signed writing (whether that signature is wet-ink or electronic).

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    We can't know that. A contract may exist even in the absence of a signed writing (whether that signature is wet-ink or electronic).
    I don't disagree but I doubt the BS about no disputing with the CC company was in any previous agreement.

Should I sign it with date as they demand or I make my already situation worse

Quote Quoting melts05
    View Post
    Should I sign it with date as they demand or I make my already situation worse
    Why are you fixated on the contract date?

If you don't want to do business with them don't sign it at all, dispute the charge with your CC company and find a new shipper. There are many.

As I stated, I already signed it, but I could not date it, but the shipper insisted that I date it or I will loose money and then started expletives, and now refuses to even answer calls. I wrote emails to please escalate to their mgmt but I think that one guy that uses expletives is “the” guy. So I am fixated on the date since I need to evaluate whether I file dispute with the credit card company and find a different shipping broker. However I fear that credit card won’t take charge off since while shipper is not accepting my contract for shipping he will use it to keep the money, since he said “m f##er forget your money I have it and don’t call”

Quote Quoting melts05
    View Post
    As I stated, I already signed it, but I could not date it, but the shipper insisted that I date it or I will loose money and then started expletives, and now refuses to even answer calls. I wrote emails to please escalate to their mgmt but I think that one guy that uses expletives is “the” guy
    You said, " I somehow could not put Date on contract using phone app and the app put weird cross lines on the contract, so I called the broker."

But did the online system accept the signature without it being dated?

On the phone to complete anything is challenging. They emailed the pdf, I opened it, simply, and there was a pen icon right on the pdf (I even didn’t have to download any app) which I used to scribble my signature. While I was scribbling it also crossed out the terms and conditions area and I couldn’t move my cursor to date area as the pen was just uncontrollably moving on the screen. I saved it and clicked email back, and he received it and said he doesn’t accept it and started cursing.

Quote Quoting melts05
    View Post
    I saved it and clicked email back, and he received it and said he doesn’t accept it and started cursing.
    Great then even he doesn't think there is a contract. Move on and call your CC company.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast