Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: Being Harassed, Need to Break Lease

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I think I could stand my ground with many lawyers. Where I’d lose miserably is if they got me into their octagon (the courtroom). So, though I can see through a lot of their trickery and match those antics, I still despise them much the same way a Shaolin Monk despises violent attackers. Does that make sense?
    I have a pretty good sense of your views of lawyers, Harold. You've expressed them many times in this forum. That's why I found it humorous that you would then decide to claim to have been one in a prior life. You could have made your point about your feelings regarding the big guy crushing the little guy by simply using the analogy to an ACLU activist. But you instead chose to identify as one of a group you say you hate. If you become the same thing you profess to hate, you've lost.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I have a pretty good sense of your views of lawyers, Harold. You've expressed them many times in this forum. That's why I found it humorous that you would then decide to claim to have been one in a prior life. You could have made your point about your feelings regarding the big guy crushing the little guy by simply using the analogy to an ACLU activist. But you instead chose to identify as one of a group you say you hate. If you become the same thing you profess to hate, you've lost.
    I don't think you got it. Only a lawyer can beat another lawyer. Only an accident reconstructionist can beat another one. Only another doctor could expose Fauci as a politician and not a doctor looking out for our wellbeing. A Shaolin monk had to become more of a deadly killer to effectively deal with their invaders. A doctor has to learn how to harm a person in order to help them. And, an ACLU activist could never beat an attorney in a debate, and especially in a courtroom to make any progress with their cause. Only an ACLU lawyer who cares for his group could help their cause. So yes, sleazy tactics must be met with sleazy tactics, but that doesn't mean both sides are sleazy. If I ever go into a courtroom again I will get the most sleazy, lying, POS lawyer I could get, because that is what it takes to win in that mud pit. And who proved that point better than anyone? Johnny Cochran!

Just because a Shaolin Monk became a deadly fighter to beat another fighter doesn't mean he condones or encourages fighting.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    I don't think you got it. Only a lawyer can beat another lawyer. Only an accident reconstructionist can beat another one. Only another doctor could expose Fauci as a politician and not a doctor looking out for our wellbeing. A Shaolin monk had to become more of a deadly killer to effectively deal with their invaders. A doctor has to learn how to harm a person in order to help them. And, an ACLU activist could never beat an attorney in a debate, and especially in a courtroom to make any progress with their cause. Only an ACLU lawyer who cares for his group could help their cause. So yes, sleazy tactics must be met with sleazy tactics, but that doesn't mean both sides are sleazy. If I ever go into a courtroom again I will get the most sleazy, lying, POS lawyer I could get, because that is what it takes to win in that mud pit. And who proved that point better than anyone? Johnny Cochran!

Just because a Shaolin Monk became a deadly fighter to beat another fighter doesn't mean he condones or encourages fighting.
    I believe Harold is a true legend...in his own mind. The rest of us are uninformed and ignorant pissants. He a classic example of someone who suffers from a grandiose personality. He's been banned from this site numerous times.

Quote Quoting lill
    View Post
    I believe Harold is a true legend...in his own mind. The rest of us are uninformed and ignorant pissants. He a classic example of someone who suffers from a grandiose personality. He's been banned from this site numerous times.
    He certainly has a vivid imagination and my grandmother used to say that "the imagination is the lying-est nation in the world".

Quote Quoting JenniN
    View Post
    He certainly has a vivid imagination ...
    ...As you seem to have one too.

If I was the OP, you were the property owner, and this happened to me, you seem to imagine that you'd prevail and be able to keep my $1,600.

I call that a vivid imagination.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    ...As you seem to have one too.

If I was the OP, you were the property owner, and this happened to me, you seem to imagine that you'd prevail and be able to keep my $1,600.

I call that a vivid imagination.
    Nope, wrong again I never said that you would do that. But you will certainly make up imaginary scenarios that have nothing to do with the actual facts that the OP stated. Had the OP wanted to follow the steps maybe she wouldn’t have had to either. But for the record, I probably would have never rented to you either.

Quote Quoting JenniN
    View Post
    Nope, wrong again I never said that you would do that. But you will certainly make up imaginary scenarios that have nothing to do with the actual facts that the OP stated. Had the OP wanted to follow the steps maybe she wouldn’t have had to either. But for the record, I probably would have never rented to you either.
    Of course you never said that, I did. But incase you can't follow along, my example was me stating that you would not be entitled to that $1,600. Not if it was mine and not without a fight. Oh, and yes, I am speaking hypothetically incase you are not aware of that.

I knew that if I gave you enough time that you'd fall into the unprofessional category I put most realtors. To say you wouldn't rent to me, lady, you don't even know me to make such a personal dig.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    To say you wouldn't rent to me, lady, you don't even know me to make such a personal dig.
    To be fair, your many posts on this forum do give others some sense of what kind of person you are. And it would not be necessarily illogical for one to say that based on what they have seen of you on these forums they would not want to do business with you. I mean, after all you yourself have said on these boards you will never do work for any attorney. You reject them all even though you don't know the attorneys personally to judge what kind of person they are. Just the fact that they are attorneys is enough for you to reject doing work for them. At least rejecting you based on your posts would be taking into account some your personal characteristics and not rejecting you simply because you are, say, a contractor.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    To be fair, your many posts on this forum do give others some sense of what kind of person you are. And it would not be necessarily illogical for one to say that based on what they have seen of you on these forums they would not want to do business with you. I mean, after all you yourself have said on these boards you will never do work for any attorney. You reject them all even though you don't know the attorneys personally to judge what kind of person they are. Just the fact that they are attorneys is enough for you to reject doing work for them. At least rejecting you based on your posts would be taking into account some your personal characteristics and not rejecting you simply because you are, say, a contractor.
    Listen to what you just said. This lady will not do business with me because I will not enter into a large business deal with an attorney who could mop the floor with me in a courtroom. Really? An attorney who has been trained in legal maneuvers that I can't do unless I hire my own lawyer. I just lost a couple hundred thousand dollars to a lying, deceitful lawyer who did it just to make a name for himself. Liberty Mutual has more money than god and spent more than that to defeat me, so it wasn't a matter of money.

I would suggest that you have never lost that kind of your own personal money in your life to a lying, unethical lawyer. So don't tell me what kind of feelings I should be walking away with. Get over my opinion of lawyers, it isn't directed at you! It is directed at their ethics, training and capabilities. Much like you would avoid a verbal confrontation with a thug gang member with his gang behind him in a dark alley. They would dominate you much like most lawyers could dominate me, and our justice system offers me no reprieve.

Lawyers and contractors are not popular occupations and I'm ok with that. Actually, 50% of criminal defense lawyers lose for their clients. Contractors have much better numbers than that.

Back to Jenn. She wouldn't want to rent to me because she has seen that I am not a dishrag. So tell me TM, are you a dishrag? Would you hand over your $1,600 the same way the OP did? I doubt it! Oh, and I would not judge anyone here for who they really are by the way they post here. This posting doesn't mean anything as to how people really are. You should know that being an insightful lawyer. Not even Jack is as big of a dick as he comes across here.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6