My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: WI

Bankruptcy discharged in 2007, lawyer threw in my 1st and 2nd mortgages and did not reaffirm which I didn't realize until years later.
I have been paying the first mortgage on time as I modified my mortgage with them during the bankruptcy if just was never reaffirmed. 2nd mortgage stopped sending me anything requesting payment. Maybe a year ago I started getting a generic invoice from a completely different company for 2nd mortgage, assuming it was sold. Both mortgages do not show up on my credit report.

Is there a statute of some sort stating after so many years of not trying to collect the mortgage can be cancelled or something to the sort? Someone mentioned to that affect. If not, is there anything else I can do to try to get rid of it besides pay? LOL Just curious.

I was thinking of trying to refinance so it would show up on my credit report and possibly try to lower the payment for my first one but am assuming I would have to let my first mortgage know about the 2nd one in order to refinance? Or can I just try to refinance my first one only and not even tell them about it?

Thank you for your help in advance. I have tried googling and researching but wanted to post questions here also.