Default Stickers if License Suspended

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: CA. if your license was suspended/revoked, letís say you are of course the owner of your vehicle. Can the dmv still send the month and year stickers to put on your license plate Incase someone else you know (eg sibling) wanted to use your vehicle?

Default Re: Stickers if License Suspended

You should be able to renew your registration even with a suspended license. Just make sure a licensed drive takes it to be smogged.
    I am the Mouse Man

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    You should be able to renew your registration even with a suspended license. Just make sure a licensed drive takes it to be smogged.
    Wait so to be clear even if my license wasnít suspended do I take it to get it smogged to renew my registration? I renew mine every August and still havenít gotten it in the mail.

I can't speak for other states but my state is not sending paper reminders of all registrations any more.

Even if they do send out notices, failure to receive notice is not justification to not renew, amitigating factor if you fail to renew, nor is it an indication that you are not eligible to renew.

Quote Quoting drillhammer
    View Post
    My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: CA. if your license was suspended/revoked, let’s say you are of course the owner of your vehicle. Can the dmv still send the month and year stickers to put on your license plate Incase someone else you know (eg sibling) wanted to use your vehicle?
    Of course (although a month sticker is only sent at the time the license plate is issued).

View Post
    Wait so to be clear even if my license wasn’t suspended do I take it to get it smogged to renew my registration?
    Huh? Smog checks aren't required for the several of registration renewals. They're required biennially on cars that are at least eight model years old.

View Post
    I renew mine every August and still haven’t gotten it in the mail.
    You should visit the DMV's website. You can input your VIN and license plate number.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I can't speak for other states but my state is not sending paper reminders of all registrations any more.
    Does your state's DMV expect folks simply to remember to do it without receiving a bill or notice?

Yup. I had to renew my car registration in June and my drivers license in July. I got a paper notice about the car registration but for the drivers license I only got a notice that due to the pandemic I could renew for a regular drivers license now and upgrade to a Real ID at no cost later in the year. A friend whose birthday is only one week off mine, who already has a Real ID and who also had to renew this year, got no notices at all.

CA DMV is currently screwed up. I expected to get my registration renewal notice in April but it did not come. I went on the DMV website and my truck vin ID was gone so I couldn't pay it online. So I wrote a letter to them asking to send me a notice so I could pay or put my truck back into the system so I could pay online.

What they did was send me my new tags without ever asking me to pay. So they just lost a few hundred bucks.

They are all screwed up over there.

1. Sponsored Links