Default How can I terminate the parental rights of my daughter, who abandoned her daughter

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: utah
    My daughter left her daughter with us 7 years ago. I need to terminate her rights and adopt my grandaughter. How can I do that without having to hire a lawyer?

Default Re: How can I terminate the parental rights of my daughter, who abandoned her daughte

Quote Quoting Tracieandchris1
    View Post
    My daughter left her daughter with us 7 years ago. I need to terminate her rights and adopt my grandaughter. How can I do that without having to hire a lawyer?
    You really cannot do it without an attorney. It's too complex of an issue, legally. You can get legal custody without an attorney, but terminating her parental right and adopting is an entirely different story.

Default Re: How can I terminate the parental rights of my daughter, who abandoned her daughte

Quote Quoting Tracieandchris1
    View Post
    There is a remote possibility that you could do it without a lawyer if your daughter consents and cooperates.

https://www.utcourts.gov/howto/family/adoption/

Query why you claim you "need to" do this? Why can't you simply obtain a guardianship?

1. Sponsored Links