Default Citation Reminder Notice Received in Mail

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Calif
    I received a ticket in March, then I received the notice in the mail with the due date of Sept,. Along with papers explaining about the pandemic virus situation and limited hours.
    Then suddenly I was looking up my ticket info online and there it says July. I was floored and shocked to my discovering this, I immediately phoned and emailed the traffic court division about it. The clerk over the phone tells me it's overdue already, and I explained to her my paper from the courthouse says Sept. She obviously saw something because now she wasn't sure what was happening and simply said, she would correct it or change it to Sept. But I don't think that happened. Email, I have not heard back from anyone at all.
    What do I do about this?? I had no knowledge of the due date changed to an earlier date when my copy states Sept for the due date month. How do I handle this? I was going to do a written declaration but now I'm not sure.

Default Re: Citation Reminder Notice Received in Mail

What are you expecting? Pay the ticket or appear by the corrected date. You're not going to get out of the ticket because of some illusion of a technicality. You should keep all your questions on the same matter in the same thread.

Quote Quoting Tixfighter
    View Post
    How do I handle this? I was going to do a written declaration but now I'm not sure.
    I suggest you visit the courthouse, bring your papers, check it personally and get something in writing about the deadline date.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    What are you expecting? Pay the ticket or appear by the corrected date. You're not going to get out of the ticket because of some illusion of a technicality. You should keep all your questions on the same matter in the same thread.
    I will be paying, and I wasn't expecting any special thing. It's just that I was shocked to discover the due date being moved up to July without my being informed, when due date clearly reads Sept. Financially, because of the pandemic, I am having to take more time for the bail.
    If I would have put all the questions in one thread, there would have been some kinda difficulty where it's covering various topics, and probably would have been instructed to separate these questions by activity. I believe you were trying to say ask all my questions on one thread for the one ticket.

Quote Quoting Tixfighter
    View Post
    If I would have put all the questions in one thread, there would have been some kinda difficulty where it's covering various topics, and probably would have been instructed to separate these questions by activity. I believe you were trying to say ask all my questions on one thread for the one ticket.
    No, I doubt any of us would have had a problem sorting them out, and the info you provided in one post may have been useful in the other.

It wasn't likely moved up. I bet the July date was the actual appearance date. They just weren't too complete about updating things for the COVID allowance featuring most people would deal with it by the origianl date rather than procrastinating, or they'ld just fix it up when a complaint came in.

The original date from the initial notice states Sept 5th,
    Then, suddenly, I received in the mail, a delinquent notice, with the due date suddenly changed and moved up to July.

I'm not trying to get out from my ticket like that you ass. I'm asking how does that happen?

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you.... but that wasn't even the main question. This would be a comment going off from Flying Ron's extra comment.
    He seems like the type of person that, if you would have originally done it as he suggested, he would be stating the opposite of that as a comment to keep it separate and stick to your question header.

Again thanks for your reply.

Look, if you want help it's a bit disingenuous to call people profane names. I have no clue what your l last statement is supposed to mean. I told you why there probably was a discrepency between the two due dates. As long as you resolve it with the court you've got nothing to worry about.

1. Sponsored Links