Angry Reciprocity Causing License to Be Surrendered Due to Identity Theft 5 Years Ago

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Colorado, and New Mexico.

My current Colorado drivers license became “surrendered” this March 2020 by someone stealing my identity in 2015. Colorado just started reciprocity with other states this year. So apparently March 2020 Colorado decided that my license was surrendered. I do not have a New Mexico License, I do not have the number, and Colorado is telling me I need New Mexico to fix the issue. New Mexico does not want to admit they allowed someone to get a License with my name and are refusing to help.

What are my options here? Colorado is telling me I have to take a physical drivers test and written test to get a brand new license. What happens to my driving record in that time, are they just going to delete the last 5 years of my driving record? It seems like no one wants to take accountability for the mess that they created. Someone please give me some advice as what to do.

Thanks!

Default Re: Reciprocity Causing License to Be Surrendered Due to Identity Theft 5 Years Ago

You need to move up the chain of command with the Colorado DMV.

Default Re: Reciprocity Causing License to Be Surrendered Due to Identity Theft 5 Years Ago

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    You need to move up the chain of command with the Colorado DMV.

They keep telling me that New Mexico is the only state that can help me, and to obtain a "No match clearance letter". But New Mexico tells me that they will not give me one.

How do I do that? Any tips and tricks?

Quote Quoting justme77
    View Post
    Colorado is telling me I have to take a physical drivers test and written test to get a brand new license.
    Then do that. Simple solution rather than running from pillar to post and banging your head against the wall.

I got your states mixed up. You need to do the same in NM. When someone says, no, talk to their boss.

1. Sponsored Links