Default DMV Record Inconsistant with Correct Charge

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: florida

so i got a ticket fr failure to reg. motor vehicle..(a 50cc scooter) when i was going to get my liscense reinstated , i couldnt because the dmv said that i had to pay a speeeding ticket. but i never got one. when i cross refrence the citation number from dmv records, it is a ticket for not registering a motor vehicle. so i dont know what to do , who to talk to, or where to start to fix this and get my liscence back. basically dmv has a hold on my liscence, but they have somehow recieved incorrect information about what the charge is. is there a way to get the dmv to release the hold? or anyone know what to do, or where to start? ive been looking and searching for a fix to this and have gotten nowhere.. please help me if you know what i should do or need to do ..

Default Re: DMV Record Inconsistant with Correct Charge

Are you disputing that you were never cited for failure to register? The DMV probably really doesn't know or care what the ticket is for, just that you have an unpaid fine on it.

no, im not. i m curious at to if florida suspends liscense for failure to register a mv? and whatt happened was that i just moved to florida and was under the impresssion that 50cc scooters you didnt need to register. i got pulled over on it and got cited for failure to register,i had a valid wa state liscense at the time, but was expiring shortly after. i got into a accedent and broke myy ribs and collar bone , there was no court date on ticket so i just figured it goes on record that i owe a ticket. they gave me a court date and with everything going on i missed it.. and i didnt realized that its a bigger deal here than wa state where im from. so i ended up with a warrant and spent 14 days in jail with a 30 dollar bail. but didnt know any local numbers to call to bail out. (sucked big time). i could tell the judge felt bad cause i was in there that long and i cooule have sworn that they said credit fdor time served no fines or fees other that the i think 50 dollar go to jail fee and 40 for court or something .. i just remember thinking that it was 90 all together . so i go to renu/reinstate liscense in wa state online cause i am going to be going back and forth from there, but i cant because of a speeding ticket in florida, but i know for sure that ive never gotten a speeding ticket , so im thinking that this guy that stole my wallet must have got pulled over and gotten away with using my liscence and got ticketed. so after that i look up the citatioin number to see whats going on. i then get online on fllorida court ticket lookup site, enter the citation number and my failure to register pops up, and they both had the same date. so now im thinking that maybe someone from court may have typoed when entering my case info for filing, but i really have no idea what or how this happened. let alose how to fix it. is failure to reg mv a ticket that unpaid will suspend in fl. i thought i was told by judge no fines but credit for time served. and is this 400 dollar ticket dmv thinks is speeding , actually a 400 dollar failure to reg. mv. ticket? or is it something i can call dmv or court and they can just remove so i can reinstate liscense. i really dont want to have to pay a ticket that i didnt get , ive heard about mistakes on tickets getting dismissed, but what about clerical errors between dmv and the court? how do i resolve this without paying a ticket that i didnt get ? or even can i? or am i screwed and not getting liscense back until i just bend over for the state of florida.. metaphorically speaking of course.. im just at a total loss as what im supposed to do here .. any ideas at all what to do?

Yes, that's what happens when you blow off a ticket. The fines double (usually) and you get a block on future renewals ANYWHERE.

Pay the ticket. The rest of your story has no meaning. In fact, it just incriminates you to additional charges. You could have claimed hardship if you'd done so in a timely fashion. Not much to do about it now.

1. Sponsored Links