Default Supreme Court Petition Extraordinary Petition

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Tennessee

Can the TN Supreme Court Justice, one or all, be Petitioned in Extraordinary & Dire circumstances, with or with out any business standing before them?

Default Re: Supreme Court Petition Extraordinary Petition

Please keep all your discussion on this matter in this thread. Your other thread has been reported for deletion as a duplicate.

You are going to have to provide details about what happened to you that gives rise to the question.

If you aren't willing to share that information on the internet I suggest you pose the question, in confidence, to an attorney.

The procedure question is general in nature. It is clear a citizen can do so in the US Supreme Court although it is unclear in that venue if said petition or writ has to be put before all justices or if it can be put before only one.

The rules are pretty clear, you file with the clerk of the appellate court in question. You'd don't have a general right to file extraordinary appeals. You have to show that the conduct of the court from where you are appealing was such an egregious departure from the rule of law to warrant it.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    My question involves court procedures for the state of: Tennessee

Can the TN Supreme Court Justice, one or all, be Petitioned in Extraordinary & Dire circumstances, with or with out any business standing before them?
    The Rules of Appellate Procedure are applicable to the SC.

https://www.tncourts.gov/courts/cour...late-procedure

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    The procedure question is general in nature. It is clear a citizen can do so in the US Supreme Court although it is unclear in that venue if said petition or writ has to be put before all justices or if it can be put before only one.
    You are speaking of Petitioning a certain Justice on the USSC because of their Circuit Allottment, for example, to issue a Stay of execution. State Courts, the whole court must be petitioned, as far as I know.

Quote Quoting KK1968
    View Post
    Anyone can be petitioned, but I doubt that's what you intended to ask. What is it that you want to petition the Tennessee Supreme Court to do and why?

1. Sponsored Links