Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Unhappy Guardianship of Grandchildren

    I live in the state of Florida. My daughter in law wants to grant temporary guardianship to my husband and I.

    She has three children ages 5, 2 and 9 months old. My son was recently sentenced to 18 months in DOC. She has a warrant for her arrest violation of probation that could also result in some time in DOC as well. She wants to turn herself in but wants to make sure her children are in good hands first. We are caring for the 2 year old now, but want to have all 3 of them together.

    Her side of the family does nothing to help her or our grandchildren.

    We found a temporary guardianship form on line which only requires a nortary.
    Based on the wording in form it gives us full authority.

    Is it a good idea to use that form?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Il.(near StL,Mo.)

    Default Re: Guardianship of grandchildren

    Since state laws differ & to be on the safe side, I think your best bet would be to contact an attorney about temporary guardianship.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Guardianship: Florida Guardianship of Grandchildren
    By familyconcerns101 in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
  2. Guardianship: Guardianship Of Grandchildren
    By veehouse in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 05:44 AM
  3. Grandparents and Third Parties: Guardianship of Grandchildren in Arizona
    By 3Zma3_3 in forum Child Custody, Support and Visitation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 02:11 PM
  4. Guardianship: Guardianship of My Grandchildren
    By suemtrouble in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
  5. Guardianship: Fighting for Guardianship of Grandchildren
    By hunnybean6 in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources