Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is Driving a Privilege or a Right

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    Once again, an abstract useless citation. Read this Syllabus from a just decided case, on what the word/phrase meant then, as opposed to what it should mean now, and what it does mean now.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremec...-1618_SYLLABUS
    LMAO. If you ride in a vehicle as a guest, you are limited to certain lawsuits. If you ride as a passenger, you can sue as a passenger. Passenger has a very distinct legal definition as compared to a guest.

But again, passenger definition isn't my main defense. Main defense is as stated previously.

Quote Quoting Edward333
    View Post
    LMAO. If you ride in a vehicle as a guest, you are limited to certain lawsuits. If you ride as a passenger, you can sue as a passenger. Passenger has a very distinct legal definition as compared to a guest.

But again, passenger definition isn't my main defense. Main defense is as stated previously.
    You have a legal opposite to ALL who post here on the forum. I should have known better to waste my valuable time with you trying to help.

As for passenger being defined is TN code, it's not. But Vehicle is defined using the word transported. And Commerce is defined as trade traffic and transportation. So by TN code all trade, all traffic, and all transportation is commerce.

So any vehicle that people or things are "transported" in is commercial. Making the very definition of vehicle commercial.

(9) “Commerce” means:

(A) Trade, traffic, and transportation within the jurisdiction of the United States; between a place in a state and a place outside of the state, including a place outside the United States; and

(B) Trade, traffic, and transportation in the United States that affects any trade, traffic, and transportation in subdivision (9)(A);

By this TCA definition all "traffic " is commercial. So all "traffic " tickets must be commercial.

TN charges a 2.25% tax on all insurance premiums. There are approximately 4.5 million licensed drivers in TN. Average yearly premium is $1,400 a year. So the State collects over 140 million a year just in insurance taxes from drivers. Believe me, they fudge some definitions.

Now add in the cost of fines and court cost. It's a racket.

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    You have a legal opposite to ALL who post here on the forum. I should have known better to waste my valuable time with you trying to help.
    Then what are you still doing here?
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Quote Quoting Jim Kozlovich
    View Post
    Then what are you still doing here?
    I can say the same for you!

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    I can say the same for you!
    I'm not the one whining about wasting my time here.

Quote Quoting Jim Kozlovich
    View Post
    I'm not the one whining about wasting my time here.
    Well you seem to be whining about my alledged whining. Any way mind your own business.

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    Well you seem to be whining about my alledged whining. Any way mind your own business.
    No problem, you have nothing useful to contribute here anyway.

There really isn't anything ANYONE could contribute to this thread other than a moderator.

According to what I've read, any agency must have been given the authority to perform acts.
    As quoted here : "An agency's actions must be in accordance with its enabling statute, and courts will examine the agency records to determine whether the agency exceeded its lawmaking or judicial powers."

I've only seen authority for commercial vehicles in Title 65.
    Title 55 only gives authority to make rules and regulations concerning the licensing of vehicles. (Which should refer to the authority for commercial in Title 65.)

If anyone can show me in the TN laws that grants authority to license non-commercial use of an automobile, I end this thread.
    Court rulings excluded, because of 1 I believe terms used such as "driver" and "motor vehicle " are commercial terms; 2 Even if courts says that States can, nowhere in the TCAs is the authority granted.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast