Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Therapist Malpractice

My question involves malpractice in the state of: TN

I hired a therapist to help me reconcile with my son who the mother had alienated against me and gave her my insurance information, for 3 month minimum court mandated counseling.

It turned out the alienating mother had paid the therapist to NOT insist on joint counseling, and all "counseling" was separate, so absolutely no progress was made, then after 3 months she dropped our case.

I found out that the therapist never charged my insurance, and she claimed all work was probono but I know she was paid off by the mother.

What is my legal recourse to get this therapist to admit she was paid off?

Default Re: Therapist Malpractice

Quote Quoting frewer
    View Post
    My question involves malpractice in the state of: TN

I hired a therapist to help me reconcile with my son who the mother had alienated against me and gave her my insurance information, for 3 month minimum court mandated counseling.

It turned out the alienating mother had paid the therapist to NOT insist on joint counseling, and all "counseling" was separate, so absolutely no progress was made, then after 3 months she dropped our case.

I found out that the therapist never charged my insurance, and she claimed all work was probono but I know she was paid off by the mother.

Do you have objective tangible proof of your allegations? Counseling not turning out like you think it should have. does not mean the therapist and/or your ex-wife are to blame. Do you receive counseling just for yourself ? If not, it is something you need to seriously consider.

Quote Quoting frewer
    View Post
    I don't know what "recourse to get [her] to admit" might mean.

First question for you is that you wrote, clearly and unequivocally, that your child's "mother . . . paid the therapist to NOT insist on joint counseling." What evidence do you have that this happened?

You also told us that the therapist never charged your insurance. Does that mean you paid 100% of her fee out of pocket? If so, why can't you just send the bills to your insurer for reimbursement?

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    I don't know what "recourse to get [her] to admit" might mean.

First question for you is that you wrote, clearly and unequivocally, that your child's "mother . . . paid the therapist to NOT insist on joint counseling." What evidence do you have that this happened?

You also told us that the therapist never charged your insurance. Does that mean you paid 100% of her fee out of pocket? If so, why can't you just send the bills to your insurer for reimbursement?
    Now I am convinced that English is not even your second language. It must be your third, or you never learned it at all.

Quote Quoting frewer
    View Post
    There is nothing you can do to force the therapist to make any admission. You might be able to prove it some other way, however. Let's start with what you do know. What is it that leads you to believe that the therapist was paid off? Did the mother claim that, or is it something else? Also, what is your need for proving that the therapist was paid off that is, what are you looking to do with that information? That will affect what options you have to pursue this.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    There is nothing you can do to force the therapist to make any admission. You might be able to prove it some other way, however. Let's start with what you do know. What is it that leads you to believe that the therapist was paid off? Did the mother claim that, or is it something else? Also, what is your need for proving that the therapist was paid off that is, what are you looking to do with that information? That will affect what options you have to pursue this.
    Nothing? You are saying that the courts could not require proof of counseling and the billing records from the therapist?

Our society often runs on "bags of cash" or bribes now. Why is it so foreign to you that that could be the case here? And, why would a court ordered therapist do three months of therapy for free?

It seems a judge could require the answers to these questions.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    Do you have objective tangible proof of your allegations? Counseling not turning out like you think it should have. does not mean the therapist and/or your ex-wife are to blame. Do you receive counseling just for yourself ? If not, it is something you need to seriously consider.
    Why would somebody need "objective, tangible proof" to pursue a suspicion?

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Nothing? You are saying that the courts could not require proof of counseling and the billing records from the therapist?
    No. I quite clearly said otherwise. Focus on what I said the OP cannot force the therapist to admit to it. And that is quite true. Could the OP get evidence of it aside from an admission by therapist himself? Perhaps, but to know that depends on the answers to the questions I asked.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post

Our society often runs on "bags of cash" or bribes now. Why is it so foreign to you that that could be the case here? And, why would a court ordered therapist do three months of therapy for free?

It seems a judge could require the answers to these questions.
    And you think there would be a written record of these bags of cash or bribes, why?

Why would somebody need "objective, tangible proof" to pursue a suspicion?[/QUOTE]

The OP can pursue it all he wants. Noone else will without some sort of proof.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    No. I quite clearly said otherwise. Focus on what I said — the OP cannot force the therapist to admit to it. And that is quite true. Could the OP get evidence of it aside from an admission by therapist himself? Perhaps, but to know that depends on the answers to the questions I asked.
    And I said it is likely he can, by using the judge to force the court ordered therapist to provide the therapy schedule and payment records.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    And I said it is likely he can, buy using the judge to force her to provide the payment records.
    I'm not sure if you're aware of this but judges can't force you to say anything. You may pay a price for it but no one can force you. If you were whipped with a rubber hose then perhaps you could get an admission but I don't think that would be very valuable. I'm sure that if I whipped you with a rubber hose I could make you say that you're a troll with a jaundiced viewpoint and understand that experience doesn't equal expertise but such an admission would, likewise, be useless despite what we all know.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast