Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Can You Be Pulled Over for Going 1 Mile Over

Quote Quoting Harold99
    View Post
    Also, as a lawyer, if you cannot see through our media, you are not a very astute lawyer.
    I have a very good grasp of what our media does. Some are better than others. I know the ones that are more trustworthy and which are garbage. And despite the flaws in various news organizations, there are actual facts provided by them that are useful. If you want to simply say all media organizations are trash, go for it. I'm not here to tell you what to believe.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    But the people in the study had experiences too.

that is an assumption. The folks who changed the bike lane lines in my town had not experience riding bikes in traffic, yet they provided a "study" anyway.

Understand, Harold, I do not accept all studies blindly. My husband is a statistician (among other things) and I am well aware that you can make numbers say anything you want them to say. But I do not dismiss them out of hand simply because the word, "study" can be applied to it. Why do you?
    I do not just dismiss data from a "study" either. But when they say kids are not getting licenses because they do not want them, I can think of other reasons they are not getting them which is politicly incorrect for them to say.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    I have a very good grasp of what our media does. Some are better than others. I know the ones that are more trustworthy and which are garbage. And despite the flaws in various news organizations, there are actual facts provided by them that are useful. If you want to simply say all media organizations are trash, go for it. I'm not here to tell you what to believe.
    Problem is that every single person thinks he/she is getting 'trustworthy' news.

Another problem is that a well spoken lawyer on the left can beat most any layperson on the right in a debate. AND, a well spoken lawyer on the right can beat most any layperson on the left in a debate.

Just because a person can beat another using facts, which both sides use, it usually means nothing to me. This is my new attitude after watching it being done at the highest level in a courtroom.

Hey TM, facts mean NOTHING! As a guy like you should know.

I should say that facts are meaningless unless they are directly pitted against opposing facts.

I'm amazed; you people got 4 pages of posts and have yet to hear from the person cited. This is definite proof that we need to lift this stay at home order. LOLů Oooh when will this end.
    I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    As long as we're making up crap to apply to OP's boyfriend's situation, maybe he hasn't gotten his license yet because he is missing some form of paperwork. Maybe he can't afford it. Maybe he's just lazy. Maybe he can't get it with the prior driving w/o a license pending. Maybe he's been sick with the 'rona. Maybe he's... Well, you get the point.

Further, Texas has a separate code for DWS which would be more applicable if that were the case, which it isn't cause we're just making stuff up at this point.
    In Texas, those under 18 must take Drivers Education and meet other requirements before obtaining a regular drivers license. Perhaps the boyfriend does not want to do these things. If paying for Drivers Education is a problem. the boyfriend can get a job and earn the money. Making a habit of driving without a license. paints a picture of not respecting the laws. If the boyfriend was caught twice driving without a license. How many other times has he driven and not been caught ? Obtaining a drivers license is a responsibility not a right. Perhaps his parents are aware he does not have the level of maturity and responsibility needed to have a drivers license and legally drive.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/driverlicense/teendriver.htm

1. Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4